Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    Chase Bank, when I signed up for the discount, I had to provide a valid email address with Chase that they can use to confirm employment.
    Funny, when I first joined Sprint, they gave me the discount and did no verification of employer that I was aware of.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I thought the most lines you can have on the shared plan is 5 How did you get this?
    I have no idea

Before I got the Pre I had the old Free & Clear Plan and I had all lines on that (10 at the time).

When I got the Pre, they gave me the schpeel about the 5 line limitation, so I split the phones into two separate plans.

A few weeks later I had to call customer care about something and the rep i got asked me 'Why do you have two separate plans set up? Would you like those all on the same plan? ... uhhhh, yeah; of course I did.

So he fixed me up.

I eventually got down to 7 lines and just recently needed two more, again at the store they told me "I'm sorry, we cannot add any more lines to your plan, not sure how you have 7 in the first place"

So I again went ahead and set those two new lines up in their own plan. The very next day I called customer care and ask 'Why can't everything be on one plan?" and she said "I can fix that for you" and SHE did.

So now I have 9 lines on a single plan and I am not complaining and I am NOT looking the gift horse in the mouth.

I have no idea

Before I got the Pre I had the old Free & Clear Plan and I had all lines on that (10 at the time).

When I got the Pre, they gave me the schpeel about the 5 line limitation, so I split the phones into two separate plans.

A few weeks later I had to call customer care about something and the rep i got asked me 'Why do you have two separate plans set up? Would you like those all on the same plan? ... uhhhh, yeah; of course I did.

So he fixed me up.

I eventually got down to 7 lines and just recently needed two more, again at the store they told me "I'm sorry, we cannot add any more lines to your plan, not sure how you have 7 in the first place"

So I again went ahead and set those two new lines up in their own plan. The very next day I called customer care and ask 'Why can't everything be on one plan?" and she said "I can fix that for you" and SHE did.

So now I have 9 lines on a single plan and I am not complaining and I am NOT looking the gift horse in the mouth.
    That's awesome. You are very lucky by the sounds of it. I tried e-chat to add 1 more line for me, but to no avail. I will have to try calling them and see what I can do.
    Currently we are on the 1500 Unlimited Data Famil plan for $129.99.

I have a 23% discount anda $7 TEP on one phone. After taxes and al I pay $121.00

One note I might add for people who move etc like I did. If you dont port your number as registered in your old state (Sprint will be able to tell you this, its based on the county you lived in) you will get charged taxes from both states/cities/counties.

I have no idea

So he fixed me up.

Yikes! NINE?

Your last name isn't Duggar, is it?
    Same here...they justed wanted the code or the company name...no checking was done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Funny, when I first joined Sprint, they gave me the discount and did no verification of employer that I was aware of.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Yikes! NINE?

Your last name isn't Duggar, is it?

hahaha ... no. i just let my family take advantage of my discount so it's got mom & dad, 2 brothers, sister, her husband, and her two kids.

been working our great! we've been sharing a plan since 2001. the savings from sharing a plan with other responsible parties are very much worth it. as i mentioned, each of us only pays 34.00 a month. i highly doubt any other carier could come anywhere near that.
    109 for a pre and a hero with unlimited everything.
  9.    #29  
    what if I am in college and unemployed. :/ i've been trying all summer to get a job. My dad works at lowes. He helps me pay my bill. Is there any way I can finagle something?
    I'm in California
    Total including taxes about $66.00. slightly under. 500 anytime, and unlimited text and data.
    New Charges

(714) XXX-XXXX
    Sprint Wireless Advantage Fair and Flexible - Tiered Overage Charges $0.00
    Sprint Wireless Advantage Fair and Flexible - 500 Anytime Minutes Included $20.00
    Total Equipment Protection - $3 insurance premium & $4 service/repair $7.00
    4 International Text Message - Germany @ $.20/msg $0.80
    Late Payment $1.40

Sprint Surcharges $1.84
    Show DetailsShow Details And Explanation of Charges
    Sprint Surcharges are rates we choose to collect from you to help defray costs imposed on us. Surcharges are not taxes on you or amounts we are required to collect from you by law. Surcharges other charges incurred to recover costs associated with governmental programs, and certain taxes imposed upon Sprint. The amounts, and the components used to calculate Surcharge amounts, are subject to change.
    Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $0.43
    California State-PUC User Fee $0.02
    Administrative Charge $0.99
    Regulatory Charge $0.40
    --------------
    $1.84
    Government Fees & Taxes $0.23
    Show DetailsShow Details And Explanation of Charges
    Taxes and fees Sprint is required to collect from customers on behalf of the government.
    California State-911 Tax $0.05
    California State-CA High Cost B & Adv Fund $0.04
    California State-CA High Cost Part A $0.01
    California State-CA Relay Service Fund $0.02
    California State-Tele Fund Charge $0.01
    California State-Univ Lifeline Serv Charge $0.10
    --------------
    $0.23

Total Due $31.27
    (901) xxx-xxxx
    Everything Data - 450 Anytime Minutes Included $69.99
    Employee Discount Sprint 22% -$15.40
    Total Equipment Protection - $7.00

Sprint Surcharges $2.56

Government Fees & Taxes $5.42

Total Due $69.57
    I have the $60 EPRP (the new SERO, God, I miss those $42 monthly bills), with taxes, fees and insurance, it's $76.
    The better question is what companies are giving discounts??? I was just on the phone with Retentions yesterday and he was helping me search for some. Unfortunately I am self employed, but he did ask about credit unions, educational facilities - Iowa check yours above, some schools with valid email quality (my daughter has one but her school has zero).

And Retentions can add another line - I had son on extra line outside our 5 on family plan, they put him on ours, savings of $50 per month (69.99 vs 19.99). You have to ask nicely, get nice contact who gets supervisor's approval, but just did this. I have asked before, always told no, but this would've saved me $1200 over last 2 years. Hope they built some towers with it!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Mine is 150 for 3 phones but I have the Chase (27%) Discount. I have had that for 8 years. Gotta love it.
    Screenshot of my bill, right here: http://imgur.com/zONXQ.png
    I have the Everything 450 plan.

$69.99
    Discount because where I work = 22%
    ETP = $7.00

Total bill is around $76.10/month and work gives me $65/per month for cell phone use. Pretty sweet I think.

Here are my taxes and other charges for Louisiana:

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $1.17
    Louisiana State-Univ Serv Assessment $0.58
    Administrative Charge $0.99
    Regulatory Charge $0.40
    --------------
    $3.14

Louisiana State-Hearing Impaired Charge $0.05
    Louisiana State-Sales Tax $1.93
    East Baton Roug County-911 Tax $0.85
    East Baton Roug County-Sales Tax $0.51
    Baton Rouge City-Sales Tax $0.34
    --------------
    $3.68
    Shared Plan
    Everything Data - 1500 Shared Anytime Minutes Included $129.99
    Employee Discount Sprint 25% -$32.50

Total Due -- $144.74

Got 4 phones on this plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    what if I am in college and unemployed. :/ i've been trying all summer to get a job. My dad works at lowes. He helps me pay my bill. Is there any way I can finagle something?
    Look to see if your school has discounts, that may help some...

Mine:

$69.99 :450 Min Everything Data
    -$16.10 : Employee Discount 23% (This is actually a college student discount)
    +$7.00 : TEP
    +$1.15 : Federal-Univ Serv Access Non-LD
    +$0.28 : VA State Gross Receipts Surchange
    +$0.03 : VA State Special Revenue Surcharge
    +$0.99 : Administrative Charge
    +$0.40 : Regulatory Chage
    +$0.75 : VA State 911 Tax
    +$2.33 : VA State Sales Tax (***????)
    +$0.07 : City Sales Tax

= $66.81
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    Screenshot of my bill, right here: http://imgur.com/zONXQ.png
    Safe to say it's a business account?
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast