1.    #1  
    Long Story made Short: switched from Sprint to Verizon due to changing coverage issues, but Verizon was no better ... so now I'm on AT&T, and (shockingly) everything is fine.

Even though I returned my Verizon Pre Plus 16 days after buying it from Best Buy, Verizon insists I owe them $120 (which by their math is the prorated month + activation + taxes.

Anyone fought and won this battle? Tips welcome!
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Wow, that makes me feel better. I returned mine within my 30 day window and 'only' owed $108!
    Return and Service Termination

You may terminate service for any reason within 30 days of activation. If you purchased a wireless device from us at a promotional price at the time of activation, you must return that wireless device to avoid being assessed an Early Termination Fee of $175, or $350 if you purchased an Advanced Device. You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within three days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date. If you paid a security deposit, it may take between 30 and 60 days to process the return of your security deposit. The charges for any service used on the account before the service termination date may be applied against your security deposit.

Looks like they have you. I guess only Sprint lets you walk away scott free.

So I imagine they got you for $35 restocking fee, $35 for activation, then ~$50 for half a month of service.

That's an expensive 3.5 week demo.
    This is why Sprint made such a big deal about their new 30 day free trial period. It's so much better than the other carriers "trial" periods. haha

I do wish you good luck in your fight, if you figure out a magic bullet to get them to give in, let us all know.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic