Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Thanks! That did it.

You know, now that I'm in the phone settings, there's this really appealing button to turn on data roaming..... I have the unlimited plan, does that mean I should have data roaming on, or am I going to get waxed with big charges if I touch it and use data while roaming?
    I am with Sprint.

I keep data roaming on so that I can use my phone in the Metro (subway) in DC. They've since updated the network, so Sprint gets signal, but before that, I never was charged overages for the roaming data.

All that said: Roaming Data never really worked all that well either.

nb
    PRL Newbie here...what exactly does it do?
    PRL is your preferred roaming list, it updates to include new roaming partners and towers.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Well I hope this one somehow repairs whatever the last one fooked up because 60665 made me go from full bars at my house to maybe 1-2. Dunno why it messed it up at all really but I'm in an area of Vegas that has for years been mostly an odd dead zone for all carriers since people complained about towers ruining their view . . . I guess the ghetto artificial xmas tree disguises weren't enough. Now of course all them dorks are foreclosed on and back home with mom and dad so maybe we will get some towers now.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    Well I hope this one somehow repairs whatever the last one fooked up because 60665 made me go from full bars at my house to maybe 1-2. Dunno why it messed it up at all really but I'm in an area of Vegas that has for years been mostly an odd dead zone for all carriers since people complained about towers ruining their view . . . I guess the ghetto artificial xmas tree disguises weren't enough. Now of course all them dorks are foreclosed on and back home with mom and dad so maybe we will get some towers now.
    Yeah it's always people complaining about the towers ruining the view, yet they are also probably the most vocal about not having coverage. You can't have it both ways.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    60666 did this for me... the devil PRL I call it. UGH. Sprint has no idea why either.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Mine got worse as well after '65..
    Thought may be the upgrading to 4G towers dropped my coverage a bit..?
    (went from 5 bars to 3 at home)
    We'll see what '66 does. Thnx for the heads up.. .
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    does anybody know the name of the thread that one guy started about "making your phone run smoother?"
    it had something to do with punching in a "##..." command in the dialer and then disabling something.. i know that's not a whole lot of info to work with.. but maybe someone knows what i'm talking about?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    and oh yeah.. 60662
    Thanks for the heads up... updating now.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I had 60663, and decided to update anyway. I get "no update available", so then I tap Update Network Settings. After that updated I was able to update the PRL. Now on 60666. Thanks!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    does anybody know the name of the thread that one guy started about "making your phone run smoother?"
    it had something to do with punching in a "##..." command in the dialer and then disabling something.. i know that's not a whole lot of info to work with.. but maybe someone knows what i'm talking about?
    Here you go.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ds-up-pre.html
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Updated! Thanks for posting this.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    This new prl sucks as much as the last one. Dunno why it would kill my cell signal strength at home so dramatically. Basically from full bars to 2 bars max.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    60667 Just came out yesterday. That was quick, only a week between updates.
    I just updated my PRL on Sprint and it went to 60667...skipped right over 60666...you guys might try that again, see what you get today.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    60667 seems to be better for my signal . . . at least on my throne. I was still getting 1-2 bars around town and even saw some 1x R pop up which is a rarity in Vegas from my experience. And my 1x R didn't happen where I live way on the west side but near LVCC right in the center of things. This is dumb!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    1-2 bars around town? Really? Not that 'bars' are necessarily the best indicator for reception, but it's rare that I ever have less than 4 bars in my jaunts around town in Vegas.
    Is this only for the Sprint Pre? I have a 650 and my PRL is much older. And my Phone Preferences doesn't have anything to choose to update PRL.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    current PRL on mine is 60667.
    And after that update, it stopped floating in the air and spinning...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast