Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    With all of the mudslinging from Sprint on how they are disappointed with the Pre, and how hard they are pushing the Evo now, anyone think that Sprint might NOT release a new Palm device?

While I've been with Sprint since 1997 (yeah, I know, I'm crazy), I would switch to Verizon if they were carrying new webOS devices, because dammit I LOVE webOS more than I love Sprint. I tried out a friend's Verizon Pre Plus and it seemed to be twice as fast as my Pre (actually, my 3rd Pre since the first two had to be returned). If they don't bring out a new webOS device, I'll deal with my Pre for another year (I'll probably overclock it to get by) and then I'm finally done with Sprint.
    I sure hope that's not the case.... I am pretty much tied to Sprint but will want to keep webOS as long as I'm able.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Is there a chance that Sprint will not get a shiney new WebOs phone?

No. Sprint is getting 4-6 WiMax phones by the end of the year. One will be from Palm/HP.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

I would like to see devices on multiple carriers. In an ideal world I would love to have it on all 4 national US carriers, but that will never happen. The best I could imagine would be 2 different devices on 2 different carriers (low end Pixi replacement for one carrier, high end Pre replacement for the other)
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Is there a chance that Sprint will not get a shiney new WebOs phone?

No. Sprint is getting 4-6 WiMax phones by the end of the year. One will be from Palm/HP.
    Source sir?
    Sprint will do best to have the most variety of smartphones as they can, if only to keep up with Verizon. Funny, Sprint used to have the best smartphone selection.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    geez people....

just because sprint is hardcore pushing a phone they just released, and im assuming, want to sell, so that they can keep subscribers and all, doesn't mean they won't be releasing any other webos phones.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    geez people....

just because sprint is hardcore pushing a phone they just released, and im assuming, want to sell, so that they can keep subscribers and all, doesn't mean they won't be releasing any other webos phones.
    I wasn't asking because I thought they were gonna just be all about the Evo. What made me ask was the comments from various Sprint higher-ups talking about how the Pre was a "disappointment." I can't imagine Palm is too happy about their comments.

Regardless, I'm waiting for the mythical "Sprint Palm/HP WiMax webOS phone." But I can't wait forever.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Agreed with the waiting forever part. I understand how they want to maximize sales of the current flagship, but they need to get more 4G coverage before they can really hit a homerun with this year's wave of new smartphones. In talking to a moron store rep (sorry most of them are) they knew nothing but that the Nexus One would be the next device to become available. I've heard some good things about the device but am still wondering where to go....

....interestingly in my favor is a recent discovery that my contract is due to expire 7/21....how could that be considering if I am a Pre owner, I signed my contract nowhere near two years ago? I guess only the unicorns and leprachauns know, but I will use that to my benefit if there's no leak of a new device by the end of July. Sure wish the incredible was available on Sprint, as it is almost identical, without the front facing camera and not as much real estate to cover when doing the 'one hand' texting, etc.

Back to the question about whether or not Sprint will exnay any future Palm device? I can't fathom that. With HP's backing, I would assume Sprint would be more excited now to carry a WebOS device than it was when the Pre was released.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Yes, many have said the Sprint Pre has been a disappointment.
    But even the haters all agree that WebOS is amazing.
    I think all our fears will be laid to rest after HPalm becomes finalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Source sir?
    Which part? The 4-6 WiMax phones was from an interview back in February with Dan Hesse.

The part about the Sprint Palm device, we already know it as the C40. This phone cannot be announced before the merger/aquisition. I can't speak to proof on this... just call me Sherlock Holmes.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Which part? The 4-6 WiMax phones was from an interview back in February with Dan Hesse.

The part about the Sprint Palm device, we already know it as the C40. This phone cannot be announced before the merger/aquisition. I can't speak to proof on this... just call me Sherlock Holmes.
    ok Sherlock Holmes.......

http://forums.precentral.net/future-...-c40-info.html

none of it is "OFFICIAL" but it is from a past reliable source.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    So I had to sit through the iPhone 4 release and now the Droid X release. And not a peep out of Palm/HP, not even a leak. I know they can't release anything official until the sale is official, but CAN YOU AT LEAST GIVE US A LEAK OF SOME SORT? I'd even be happy with a Mr. Blurrycam Pic.
    They cant say thing till the 25th till Friday....becoz of the shareholders vote.
    Yes.

The Pre did not have the effect sprint wanted. It's perfectly plausible that they refrain or at least take a wait and see approach. And given the lackluster sales on most carriers it may be tough getting and exclusive to a carrier unless it has a big wow factor when they announce it.

that said i highly doubt Palm intended to spend the entire year twiddling it's thumbs. That doesn't make sense from a business stand point. I'd be stunned if they aren't working on some device. Now what, when it would be released, if it would be scrapped for a new HP involved design who knows but my opinion is, logic dictates, if not on sprint, something should be in the works for some carrier.