Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. blankiek's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
       #1  
    My contract with sprint ends in November. And obviously, like everyone else, I REALLY want the Evo. Has anyone successfully gotten an upgrade early? I've done it one with telesales, but it was because there was an error on their site saying I was eligible for an upgrade when I wasn't.

    Also, if I can't get an early upgrade, is it possible that another phone on my account that has an upgrade can get that phone for me for the upgrade price?
  2. #2  
    the response to yr thread is priceless.,,i love it.
  3. #3  
    Yeah, pay retail. Never really been a fan of being in a contract for exactly this reason.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
  4. #4  
    Wait, whoa.... let me get this straight, you are posting on the Pre forum asking how to cheat Sprint so you can get an Evo?

    Priceless!


    BTW not everybody wants the Evo, For those like minded people.
    go here http://www.androidcentral.com/
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  5. blankiek's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Wait, whoa.... let me get this straight, you are posting on the Pre forum asking how to cheat Sprint so you can get an Evo?

    Priceless!


    BTW not everybody wants the Evo, For those like minded people.
    go here http://www.androidcentral.com/
    Not cheat sprint, but convince them to allow me to upgrade earlier.
  6. #6  
    thanks 2sslow,,thought I was going nuts.
  7. #7  
    dude everybody here swears by the pre even though they have benn saying for a year now how all this stuff is gona happen and yet it never did your best bet is to just wait till nov I have to wait till sept and I'm really thinking about just paying the etf just to get rid of this phone that really doesn't have anything but multi tasking other then that your beat like the pre
  8. #8  
    According to Sprint I'm eligible for upgrade, and I bought my Pre the day after release day.

    I don't think I'm going to, though. The Evo looks nifty but I want to give WebOS a bit more time to improve before I give it up. Besides, I'm sure the Evo has its share of launch bugs and issues, and if I do upgrade a few months from now they will all be nicely worked out.

    I'm a fan of both WebOS and Android so my loyalty lies with both. Anything to keep Apple from getting too uppity.
  9. #9  
    they gave me an update 3 weeks early when I got my pre a year ago.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorinlynx View Post
    According to Sprint I'm eligible for upgrade, and I bought my Pre the day after release day.

    I don't think I'm going to, though. The Evo looks nifty but I want to give WebOS a bit more time to improve before I give it up. Besides, I'm sure the Evo has its share of launch bugs and issues, and if I do upgrade a few months from now they will all be nicely worked out.

    I'm a fan of both WebOS and Android so my loyalty lies with both. Anything to keep Apple from getting too uppity.
    I couldn't agree more... I would buy a phone by Nintendo, hell even Sega, way before I embraced conforming to the establishment But I'm pretty sure Apple has long since surpassed uppity. And just an observation, but seems as if already well along the way to adopting Microsoft's presumptuous, arrogant campaign style, with a flourish!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    My contract with sprint ends in November. And obviously, like everyone else, I REALLY want the Evo. Has anyone successfully gotten an upgrade early? I've done it one with telesales, but it was because there was an error on their site saying I was eligible for an upgrade when I wasn't.

    Also, if I can't get an early upgrade, is it possible that another phone on my account that has an upgrade can get that phone for me for the upgrade price?
    I am all for getting things cheaper etc in the best possible way. BUT I am not for cheating Sprint out of things they already give people more then any other carrier.

    If you want the Evo great for you, here is the decent way of doing it as the wife and I do this depending upon who is eligible at the time and wants a new phone. This in no way cheats the carrier.

    Like you mentioned, you ahve another phone on your account correct? If so you can use your upgrade to get the evo on that phone, then just have the Sprint store transfer the numbers around so that you can get your phone number on the Evo.
    *Note: This will now have your second phone as the primary on the account for Sprint Premier rewards etc. But this in no way cheats Sprint as you were eligible for the upgrade anyways. Basically you will have to wait til the end of the two-year mark to upgrade the next phone as only 1 applies for the premier discount of upgrading yearly.

    Good luck with your fragmented OS and will see you back when the next WebOS device hits (from which you can switch back to when your original Pre account is eligible.)
  12. #12  
    Unless things changed since I worked at radioshack 2 years ago, you get a 1 year upgrade option after 1 year and you're eligible for the full upgrade discount 3-6 months before the end of your contract.

    And to those bashing him for posting how to get an Evo on a Pre forum, please note that this particular forum is for CDMA carriers discussion.
  13. btbowen1's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #13  
    I'm eligible to upgrade July 1st. I went to a Sprint store over the weekend and they told me Sprint is allowing customers to upgrade early two weeks before their upgrade date. The only thing is the customer can't have insurance on their present line. He couldn't the insurance rule only saying that this is something new as Sprint has allowed two weeks early upgrades in the past.
  14. #14  
    my upgrade is also in july 1st,they told me I could upgrade as early as two weeks before then. I haven't heard anything about insurance issues. But they did say I have to pay 300$ and then wait TWO and a half months to get my rebate. But only on your primary line you get 150 savings, secondary line 75.
  15. derek5l's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #15  
    Can I do this 2 week early deal at a Best Buy or Radio Shack? Or does it HAVE to be at telesales? BTW, what IS the telesales toll free #?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Unless things changed since I worked at radioshack 2 years ago, you get a 1 year upgrade option after 1 year and you're eligible for the full upgrade discount 3-6 months before the end of your contract.

    And to those bashing him for posting how to get an Evo on a Pre forum, please note that this particular forum is for CDMA carriers discussion.
    It is no longer 3-6 months.

    You can upgrade at 22 months for the full discount.

    Sprint premier customers get the primary line upgrade every 12 months. Several ways of being a premier customer so check out sprints site. (I would provide a link but I don't have enough post.)

    Hope that helps answer some questions. I would just wait until the 22 months come up to get a new phone. Plus by waiting a few months bugs and flaws in the phone will get worked out.
  17. #17  
    just ask. And be persistent. I've been granted early upgrades before, even on my secondary line. Of course, the closer you are to the end of your contract, the more power your negotiation will have.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    they gave me an update 3 weeks early when I got my pre a year ago.
    I am trying to get an upgrade 2 weeks early. I am eligible on the 1st of July.
  19. derek5l's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #19  
    FYI...ALL upgrade eligibility dates fall on the 1st of every month. The earliest sprint reps can push up your date is 13 days prior, so this month means that you can get early upgrade on the 19th of June if you call in and explain your situation.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by blankiek View Post
    My contract with sprint ends in November. And obviously, like everyone else, I REALLY want the Evo. Has anyone successfully gotten an upgrade early? I've done it one with telesales, but it was because there was an error on their site saying I was eligible for an upgrade when I wasn't.

    Also, if I can't get an early upgrade, is it possible that another phone on my account that has an upgrade can get that phone for me for the upgrade price?




    If there is a walmart in your area that has sprint, they will let you upgrade 3 months before and it is cheaper. My husband upgraded his line. At the sprint store the htc hero would be 299.99 with a 100 mail in rebate, at sprint.com it would of been 79.99 at walmart we paid 48.88.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions