1.    #1  
    My Pre really heats up when running Sprint's navigation program. Does anyone have this issue? I have 2 different batteries but the same result.

Help

Neil
    yep, the GPS radio seems to really heat up. Another reason why I still use my Garmin... but when I've played with the GPS app or even Google Maps, I get lots of heat and end up in airplane mode to cool it down. If I was going to use it seriously, I'd have to mount it in front of an air conditioner vent to keep it cool... especially if I'm using the phone at the same time...
    I ran my Verizon Pre Plus as a hotspot for three hours. When I turned it off, I swear you could've cooked an egg on it, but it ran fine!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neilr64 View Post
    My Pre really heats up when running Sprint's navigation program. Does anyone have this issue? I have 2 different batteries but the same result.

Help

Neil
    Yes, Sprint Nav makes the Pre hot and runs down the battery pretty quickly, but doesn't appear to affect the Pre in any other way I can tell. I use Sprint Nav very regularly, and have no problems with the Pre. If I'm going to be running Sprint Nav for any extended length of time, I just plug into my cars USB port to charge while I'm driving.
    It's the combination of the GPS radio and the data radio pulling constantly from the battery at the same time. It's even worse if you have it plugged into a car charger at the same time. haha

Even though the Pre is obviously hot to the touch, I've pulled up Govnah and seen no more than 40-42 degrees being reported by the CPU. So it's not in urgent danger of frying that at least.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Yes mine tends to get hot when running Sprint Nav. I mount my Pre on an air conditioning vent, which helps a bit.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all the replies. Glad it's an okay of not ideal result of battery pull - guess I'll just keep it cool with the AC vent.

Neil