1.    #1  
    So my third pre has broken and I'm tired of this POS phone. After 3 broken phones Sprint said they'll allow me to get a new phone. I see that the new HTC EVO is coming out in a few days and while it's not quite what I want, anything's better than the Pre at this point.

How does Sprint deal with this? The Evo's $200 after rebate. I think I paid $150 after rebate for my Pre. Will I have to spend another $50 to get the Evo?
    Usually they only offer you a phone of equal value. I'm not sure if they'll let you trade up to the Evo even if you pay some money.
    bye! lol
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Yes it's time for a trade. And get ready for this thread to get merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    So my third pre has broken and I'm tired of this POS phone. After 3 broken phones Sprint said they'll allow me to get a new phone. I see that the new HTC EVO is coming out in a few days and while it's not quite what I want, anything's better than the Pre at this point.

How does Sprint deal with this? The Evo's $200 after rebate. I think I paid $150 after rebate for my Pre. Will I have to spend another $50 to get the Evo?
    I can pretty much guarantee you won't get an EVO anytime soon like that. You'll probably have to choose from something more like the Hero, Moment, or Blackberry. There is a specific listing of devices that must be used when swapping for a different device. If it isn't on the list (which the EVO won't be on the list for any device for months) then it can't be swapped for.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Last I heard they were swapping a Pre with a Moment or Pixi.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Yea that's what they told me. I ended up changing from my pixi to a moment.
    I was offered the EVO.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    I was offered the EVO.

how recent was this? Evo doesn't even come out for another few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    how recent was this? Evo doesn't even come out for another few days.
    Don't feed the trolls. There is no way anyone would be offered an EVO as an exchange with multiple replacements, especially before it is even launched. It will be at least a month before the EVO is available in any of the exchange lists. Just like the Pre and every other device launched before, it is going to be limited to those purchasing at first.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  11.    #11  
    I'm completely expecting to have to wait for it to hit the exchange list. I'm not an *****; i wasn't expecting to get an evo right after launch, or even before it :/

His post was just vague so I was asking for more info. I wouldn't call that "feeding the trolls."
    Hello, I have experience in this area. I went through 5 Pres in 5 Months. I talked to a manager at retentions and he allowed me to switch with anything but the touchpro2 because that was the only phone at the time with a higher unsubsidized price than the Pre. I switched the Hero (end of November btw, Hero was still a new phone) without issue. I didn't need to pay any difference in price even though the Hero technically cost more than the Pre did at the time ($179 vs $149 subsidized). They originally just wanted to buy back my pre for $100 and I would be stuck with the full price of a new phone. I politely (this is the key word here) asked to speak to a manager because I didn't feel this was appropriate and the manager walked me through with what to do. He called the store local to me (must be an approved store to do the swap, sorry, I don't remember the program's name) while I was on hold with him. I just went into the store and they swapped it out, no problems, issues or dirty looks. I know I'm going to get flack from the WebOS ****'s, but I don't care. I just figured I'd give you the info you needed.

P.S. If you are wondering why I'm on the forums tonight, its because my gf's Pre is not receiving calls and texts are coming hours later and I wanted to see if this was a reported outage today, isolated issue (her dad's phone is doing the same thing... also, a Pre). My Hero isn't, so I was wondering if it was a local outage or a Palm Pre cluster**** issue.
  13.    #13  
    Thanks for your help. webOS does suck :/ It has a lot of potential, but it's too buggy to be considered good.

So I went to a store the other day and they're offering me either the Pixi (lol how stupid) or the samsung moment. I don't like moment. At the VERY LEAST I'll settle for a Hero. I guess the next thing I'm going to do is call customer service and go from there.

I have a feeling this is going to get ugly.
    The evo is nothing more then a hero on steroids
  15.    #15  
    sounds good to me