Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    speaking of PRL. Is data roaming included in the Sprint plan? I enabled it the other day and then thought better of it. I want to make sure I don't end up with a 4,000.00 phone bill LOL
    I was reading in another post that roaming is ok as long as it does not exceed 50% of your usage.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I was reading in another post that roaming is ok as long as it does not exceed 50% of your usage.
    +1
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    just to be sure ... I emailed sprint and they replied already

Original Question: data roaming
    Question: I was wondering if you can confirm that DATA roaming is
    included in the 69.99 unlimited plan and that there will be NO extra
    fees incurred if I use it.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

Be assured that the account will not be charged for data roaming in US
    as this includes in your plan.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
    concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we
    can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Saxon P.
    Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by tsnum4 View Post
    i didn't know either so I googled it (love google) ...

All Verizon and Sprint EVDO modems have a Preferred Roaming List (or PRL) embedded in the card. This list tells your card which towers to look for when establishing connection, including towers from other carriers that Sprint/Verizon has roaming agreements with. As new EVDO towers are installed or new roaming agreements are reached, your PRL will become out of date because it won't know to hunt for these new towers. You may be in an EVDO area, but if your card doesn't have the tower in the list, it won't know to attempt to connect to the new tower!

Your EVDO modem does not automatically "know" to add new towers to its PRL, so it is highly recommended that you manually update your PRL monthly so that you can ensure that your EVDO device is always able to connect to the currently available EVDO towers.
    That is highly incorrect. It doesn't tell it which towers to connect to.

It's a list of systems your phone can roam on. I could have a PRL from 12 months ago in an EV area, and Sprint could add 20 EV towers and that phone with the old PRL would connect to the same amount of Sprint towers as the phone with the newly updated one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    That means it would check if there's an update constantly.

Do you want to turn off another feature that could possibly hurt the Pre battery more?
    Having it check once a month or even once a week is hardly going to kill the battery.
    What about new towers from different carriers?

Quote Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
    That is highly incorrect. It doesn't tell it which towers to connect to.

It's a list of systems your phone can roam on. I could have a PRL from 12 months ago in an EV area, and Sprint could add 20 EV towers and that phone with the old PRL would connect to the same amount of Sprint towers as the phone with the newly updated one.
    Doesnt this do this automatically?

I just checked my PRL and it was 60665, and I did not do anything to cause that
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

thanks
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Doesnt this do this automatically?

I just checked my PRL and it was 60665, and I did not do anything to cause that
    Most of the time Sprint will not force a prl update. Every now and then they will. My guess and it's only a guess is they push if it's a major update.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by atl10pnr View Post
    Most of the time Sprint will not force a prl update. Every now and then they will. My guess and it's only a guess is they push if it's a major update.
    I agree with what he said. It seems a bit daunting to many users if Sprint were to push updates onto their phones unknowingly all the time unless it were mandatory.
    Sprint users, the PRL is now 60665.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    nope.... it's for Sprint users
    ....and so <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12