1.    #1  
    If you switch carriers, can you download the apps to the new phone (pre to pre) without having to buy them again?

This may have been answered before, but I honestly did search.

I'm pretty much fed up with Sprint. Yes, by far the best plans, but they keep promising 3G (Vz already has it here, and has for a while), but that's all they do - is promise. A smart phone without 3G/4G is like a blazing computer on dial-up.
    depends. Are you moving from a Sprint Pre to a Verizon Pre? If you activate a Palm profile from a different carrier, I would expect everything to be automatically restored to the new webOS phone. Is that what you are doing?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It should... cause Palm has user profiles...
  4.    #4  
    Yes, it would be a Sprint Pre to Verizon Pre Plus.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Quote Originally Posted by zippo6 View Post
    Yes, it would be a Sprint Pre to Verizon Pre Plus.

Thanks for the quick response.
    Please post back with your results. And welcome to the Pre+ family. I am very happy with VZ and my Pre+
  6.    #6  
    I did make the switch, and happy about it - I can actually access the internet without having to stop for a cup of coffee before the page loads.

The apps from the Palm Catalog did restore to my new phone. The patches from Preware (including Preware itself) I had to reinstall. Text messages were not transferred.

One thing I do caution is: back up your current Pre on the computer. Once you are activated on the new phone, your old Pre becomes useless - you can't even get to the files section/usb. It will default to the Activation Screen, and since you don't have the old account anymore, you could lose all the pictures, videos, and music/ringtones.

Overall, that was a good thing though. I had to install the Activation-Bypass Tool, but once that was done, I not only could download all the files on the old Pre Drive through the USB, but I also set it up so I now have access to wifi on the old pre. I can't make calls, but I can access the internet, email and Google Calendar. I did lose all the accounts, but they were easy to set up again.

Basically I have a pocket computer I can use anytime I have wifi access. I'm loving this phone more every time I turn it on, and I've had it since the launch on Sprint.

Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by zippo6; 05/29/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.