Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    i am deleting this for fear of getting sued by some corporate *******. that is all
    Last edited by double1; 05/24/2010 at 07:48 AM.
    I hate to tell you everyone company hides their tax/fees (cable, phone, c ell phone, internet). You may have problems with your service which is fine but if you went to Verizon or ATT I feel you would also have the same issues. Also your first bill was probably for a month and a half, next bill was probably more in line with the $69 + some taxes/fees.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpilot172 View Post
    I hate to tell you everyone company hides their tax/fees (cable, phone, c ell phone, internet). You may have problems with your service which is fine but if you went to Verizon or ATT I feel you would also have the same issues. Also your first bill was probably for a month and a half, next bill was probably more in line with the $69 + some taxes/fees.
    not metro PCS, their price is up front with no taxes or fees added on. I know most people will say their service (metro) sucks, but to not have to deal with the pain of a contract is worth it for me personally.
    ETF is based on how they subsidize phones to get you to sign a contract. If you didn't like the service, you can cancel within 30 days with no ETF.

You can also buy a phone outright so there is no contract and therefore no ETF.

Also, can someone on sprint please verify that the ETF gets smaller as time goes buy? Pretty sure that the ETF isn't the same at month 23 as it is in month 3...

Finally, if you are on MetroPCS, aren't you severely limited in your choice of phones? Of can a Pre be unlocked to run on MetroPCS?
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    The ETF on sprint starting late 2008 is prorated. The first 5 months are $200 unless the phone is returned in like new condition within the first 30 days. after that id goes down by $10 a month until it reaches $50 which it will remain at until the contract is compete.
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    The ETF on sprint starting late 2008 is prorated. The first 5 months are $200 unless the phone is returned in like new condition within the first 30 days. after that id goes down by $10 a month until it reaches $50 which it will remain at until the contract is compete.
    That seems fair. I've never worried about ETF because I've assumed I'd stay with the same carrier unless/until they really screwed something up. I was with AT&T (and predecessors starting with BellSouth) for about 8 years. Once I got tired of problems (billing and coverage issues - for another time) I switched to VZ. Been there for about 6 years, and have not had a single issue.

If I really was in a jam, I'd activate a dumb-phone on the cheapest plan possible (to eliminate data/txt/etc), and use that until the ETF was to it's minimum, and then I'd pay it. '

The fact that MetroPCS includes taxes in their plan is interesting, but I would imagine they are the only carrier that does that... and I wonder if they always have or if that is something new...

...and since most of the country is on one of the three big carriers, I don't know why it would be expected that fees would be plastered on marketing material as if the general public isn't aware of taxes that get added to service - just like cable TV, etc.