Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

SPRINT IN TOTAL DENIAL...........Ironic isn't it, Sprint seems to blame Palm and not itself for the Pre not taking off. They forget to mention, that Sprint is a fraction of the size they used to be, (and has suffered HUGE percentages of it's customer base, fleeing each quarter). They want to Iphone, sure after another cell company help make it a hit. I am not saying Sprint is 100% to blame, but a good portion of the blame does fall directly at Sprint's feet.

Please chime in and let me know if you agree with me or not, take care, Jay

Sprint: Pre Was a Dud, We Want the iPhone

8:30 PM - May 19, 2010 - By Jane McEntegart - Sprint's CFO recently told investors that the Pre was a bit of disappointment and revealed the network would be happy to have the iPhone.

Sprint Chief Finanicial Officer Robert Brust accidentally dissed the Palm Pre this week, admitting that the carrier was disappointed with how the WebOS device had performed, later adding that the network would "love to have the iPhone."

InformationWeek reports that during an investor call on Monday, Brust said, "The Pre didn't work out as well as we hoped," adding that the company had learned a lot since the launch of the Palm device.

Later, in response to a question about Apple's iPhone, Brust said, "We'd love to have it." Brust did note that it was unlikely that this would happen, though.

HP recently acquired Palm and its new WebOS operating system in a billion dollar deal expected to close later this year.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

SPRINT IN TOTAL DENIAL...........Ironic isn't it, Sprint seems to blame Palm and not itself for the Pre not taking off. They forget to mention, that Sprint is a fraction of the size they used to be, (and has suffered HUGE percentages of it's customer base, fleeing each quarter). They want to Iphone, sure after another cell company help make it a hit. I am not saying Sprint is 100% to blame, but a good portion of the blame does fall directly at Sprint's feet.

Please chime in and let me know if you agree with me or not, take care, Jay

8:30 PM - May 19, 2010 - By Jane McEntegart - Sprint's CFO recently told investors that the Pre was a bit of disappointment and revealed the network would be happy to have the iPhone.

Sprint Chief Finanicial Officer Robert Brust accidentally dissed the Palm Pre this week, admitting that the carrier was disappointed with how the WebOS device had performed, later adding that the network would "love to have the iPhone."

InformationWeek reports that during an investor call on Monday, Brust said, "The Pre didn't work out as well as we hoped," adding that the company had learned a lot since the launch of the Palm device.

Later, in response to a question about Apple's iPhone, Brust said, "We'd love to have it." Brust did note that it was unlikely that this would happen, though.

HP recently acquired Palm and its new WebOS operating system in a billion dollar deal expected to close later this year.
    What a stupid S.O.B!
    He's employees didnt even know swat about the phone. The guy there tells me that the phone has alot of problems and i said get a BB. I looked at him and told him my bro has a BB and its a P.O.S and walked away to get my beautiful Pre.
  3.    #3  
    HI, Notice how is always someone Else's fault and not theirs? Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Well, any carrier would want the iPhone. That is an obvious statement. Love it or hate it, the iPhone sells and gets people on contracts, and frankly that is what any carrier wants. I bet AT&T and VZW want the Evo too.

But the Pre was a dud. The Pre was very similar to the G1. Not a bad phone, but not a home run. Once WebOS 2.0 hits, and solid hardware is created, WebOS will do well.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Funny. Duds you usually deeply discount to get rid of them. Why is Sprint still happy as a clam to sell them at $149 when they are practically giving them away on every other carrier?
    This man clearly have no idea what he is talking about. If sprint stop using palm devices, they would in no doubt find out how many customer they would have lost.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    This man clearly have no idea what he is talking about. If sprint stop using palm devices, they would in no doubt find out how many customer they would have lost.
    Hi,

Good point!!! Take care, Jay
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    sprint didn't do that good of a job, but i wouldn't say it was their fault. the sprint pre IS a POS. webos is great the phone sucks. not sprints fault except for maybe not demanding better build quality. i always pay my bill at the sprint corporate store. its always jammed with a huge line of people on the list waiting to be helped....practically noone looking at the pre or the pixi. the only reason sprint should keep palm around is lying in wait for the next gen devices to hit. (and i'm not talking pre plus)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    sprint didn't do that good of a job, but i wouldn't say it was their fault. the sprint pre IS a POS. webos is great the phone sucks. not sprints fault except for maybe not demanding better build quality. i always pay my bill at the sprint corporate store. its always jammed with a huge line of people on the list waiting to be helped....practically noone looking at the pre or the pixi. the only reason sprint should keep palm around is lying in wait for the next gen devices to hit. (and i'm not talking pre plus)
    Why is it then that they can't seem to sell any of there other phones? I guess time will tell with the EVO.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    i really can't speak to their other phones...as laughable as it sounds, i think the hero is probably one of their best sellers. i'm not getting my evo at at the sprint store i don't want to wait for a mail-iin rebate. it sucks that i have to take a year off from webos, but my pre (3rd) just simply won't make it another year. be that as it may, i'm still excited to see what is in store for palm/hp/webos in the future. i just don't think its a secret that nobody thinks the sprint pre was a success.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Funny I just back from my local Sprint store and the staff there informed me that the whole iPhone/AT&T contract was actually a 5 year deal and because of lawsuits they lied and said 3 to quiet things down. Expect not to see iPhone on any other carrier no earlier than 2012.
    The general vibe they were getting is that Sprint probably would not pick up the iPhone because of the promise of HTC's future.
    Yes, time will tell and of course rumors are rumors and facts are facts.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    i really can't speak to their other phones...as laughable as it sounds, i think the hero is probably one of their best sellers. i'm not getting my evo at at the sprint store i don't want to wait for a mail-iin rebate. it sucks that i have to take a year off from webos, but my pre (3rd) just simply won't make it another year. be that as it may, i'm still excited to see what is in store for palm/hp/webos in the future. i just don't think its a secret that nobody thinks the sprint pre was a success.
    I asked about Hpalms future and if they knew anything and they more or less had a feeling that they will release a Tablet before they release a new mobile device.
    Trying out the EVO for a year might not be a bad idea (speaking only for myself) and see what Hpalm releases down the pipe. Yearly upgrades with Sprint rules!
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I was afraid of this, palm and sprint having a falling out. Bummer for me, cuz I don't want vz and can't stand at&t. Also means a stinkin android phone is in my future.....blah....say it isn't so please.

Bad news for me Jay.
    This may have been a bitter statement, but, come on. Understocked @ launch, then, a month later, flood it after rumor the app cat was a fail? Hardware fails all over the web & blogs. Lets not firget, all the other carriers got upgraded less-prone to crash PrePlus's...

Palm failed Sprint.

disclaimer:

I have a Palm Pre, Wife carries a Hero, and my 4 children hold Pixi's..

I love Sprints plans & Palm's webOS but I believe the 'Pre was not as successful as we had hoped' holds water in my book. Oh and this is my 8th Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Why is it then that they can't seem to sell any of there other phones? I guess time will tell with the EVO.
    The EVO will do much worse than the Pre. Its just the Android flavor of the month. Unlike the Pre the EVO can only work on Sprint because of the Wimax radio. It wont be long before everyone in EVO land is b*t*hing and moaning about not getting 2.2. They will be lucky if they get it by November. By then there will be a half dozen other Android phone out that will leave the EVO in the dust.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I saw a huge line (12+ people in the store) and only 2 reps there in the afternoon on Tuesday. 4 of those people played with a palm pre / pixi for over 5 minutes, far more than any other phone. The pixi had all apps deleted off it... gg. I also overheard one of the reps tell a prospective customer that verizon will be getting an iphone soon. Which we all know won't happen till 2012 unless apple unloads alot of cash at&t's way.

When you see adds on tv, who did them, palm, or sprint. Sprint has nice adds, generic at best, but at least shows the phones / etc. PALM had *** kind of adds, but at least they had some. I've not seen a 'sprint' commercial for palm pre yet, sprint and their lack of attention / care for the phone DID hurt it, but it wasn't JUST their fault. Palm sure as hell didn't help with their add campaign / lack thereof.
    Last edited by Queueyou; 05/20/2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: I'll never tell!
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    The EVO will do much worse than the Pre. Its just the Android flavor of the month. Unlike the Pre the EVO can only work on Sprint because of the Wimax radio. It wont be long before everyone in EVO land is b*t*hing and moaning about not getting 2.2. They will be lucky if they get it by November. By then there will be a half dozen other Android phone out that will leave the EVO in the dust.
    the evo's specs plus 4g will certainly surpass the pre's performance on sprint. htc has superior build quality and lets face it android and iphone sell more units than any other os. i really don't see how you can say the evo will do worse than the pre. unless you mean total units taking into consideration most of the people who got pres got multiple pres after multiple returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I just don't know about that. From the way engadget has talked about this phone, it will sell really well. Right now, it is the most stacked phone on the market.

And just because the Evo is only on sprint means nothing. The droid was only on VZW and it sold faster than the original iPhone. The Incredible has been back ordered for a while now. The Evo will do just fine.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Does the iPhone even come in a CDMA version?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Does the iPhone even come in a CDMA version?
    Nope!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast