Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It has been rumored tobe in development. But AT&T and Apple have a five year exclusive deal (until 2012), but who knows what VZW and Apple's lawyers can pull off.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    the evo's specs plus 4g will certainly surpass the pre's performance on sprint. htc has superior build quality and lets face it android and iphone sell more units than any other os. i really don't see how you can say the evo will do worse than the pre. unless you mean total units taking into consideration most of the people who got pres got multiple pres after multiple returns.
    I'm not saying its not a better phone (with a lesser OS) but I am saying that Sprint will sell less EVO's than they did Pre's. The Android market is very diluted and moving very quickly. There will be new phones out in 3 months that will have 2.2 on them with 4G on Sprint. The EVO will never even have time to sell as many units as the Pre did. It will be surpassed by other Sprint devices before the end of the year.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I agree in thinking the EVO will rock this summer and beyond until the "next big thing". The Sprint rep I talked to said they have one in the store for employees to get familiar with (which was in the safe so I couldn't see it ) and from his experience as a former Pixi owner he couldn't say enough good things about it. They are done pushing Palm devices (for now) as they are sick of dealing with returns for faulty hardware issues. From playing with the EVO he had that oh-so-familiar look in his eye being "mobiley cracked out" and wanting more.. .
    Sprint staff said they were getting plenty of people inquiring about the EVO and that majority of them are current iFone users. Be that a Sprint thing or a HTC thing I'm not too sure.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    I agree in thinking the EVO will rock this summer and beyond until the "next big thing". The Sprint rep I talked to said they have one in the store for employees to get familiar with (which was in the safe so I couldn't see it ) and from his experience as a former Pixi owner he couldn't say enough good things about it. They are done pushing Palm devices (for now) as they are sick of dealing with returns for faulty hardware issues. From playing with the EVO he had that oh-so-familiar look in his eye being "mobiley cracked out" and wanting more.. .
    Sprint staff said they were getting plenty of people inquiring about the EVO and that majority of them are current iFone users. Be that a Sprint thing or a HTC thing I'm not too sure.. .
    I can definitely back this up with my expereince. We have had a ton of people coming into our store asking about the EVO. Most of them aren't current Sprint customers, and I'd say about half of them have iPhones currently.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Interesting quotes... which came first, the chicken or the egg?

According to what I have seen and read, the Sprint ssales reps really didn't do a very good job of pushing the Pre at all, and the carrier exclusive marketting was, well, let's be honest but polite: horrendous, if not entirely lacking in quantity or quality.

Now, had Sprint been a better launch partner and marketted the Pre, instead of trying to save money by riding the coat-tails of all the Pre hype from CES earlier that year, PALM and Sprint would have sold many more phones, which means more money to PALM, and, um.. let me see, do we think PALM could have had the financial resources to fix the hardware issues, and maybe even provide a newer model sooner?

But, no... Sprint expected the Pre to sell itself, and, it did, but fell short when the Pre hype was long forgotten...

The iPhone, which apparently is Sprint's "Wet Dream", had HUGE marketting pushes from Apple and AT&T before, during and well after its initial release, and if we all remember, there were NO apps until a year later, and massive complaints about build quality, however, with so many people wanting it because they actually HEARD about it through Apple/AT&T marketting, demand was intense, profits were high, and build quality improved, and the app store opened a year later.

What am I missing here?

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

people understand that even with the statment the CFO to me he didnt bash Palm and the pre he stated that it doing do as well as was intended and it was due to SUPPLY. THese editors will always put things in their own words, as you can see this editor sees it as they bashed palm. Another editor over at laptopmag didnt say they bashed them he percieved it as a lesson learned. To me the bottom line was the CFO just simply stated the pre didnt work as they hoped, and he never stated we should have gotton the iphone instead, we need the iphone and not 2nd rate devices. NO he mentioned that sprint would love to have it, and as stated above any company would, it would help business. He would be a ***** to not want the iphone seriously. SO people stop posted ish to amp people up and think about it before you post something. Editors all have their own opinions and percieve statments according to if they like the item personally or not, and apply their opinions in articles when they write them.
    I have been waiting, waiting and waiting for my VZ contract to be up in august. I desperately want to get on sprint with WebOS. Does anyone want to chime in on whether pres/pixis will still be available on spring in august? I am afraid I will be stuck between devices. I am totally cool with getting an 'old' pre just to get on WebOS!!!!
    I remember one evening i wanted scoop on flash... so i know they probably wouldnt known but i called sprint. Talked to a nice lady, and she didnt know anything bout flash. So i just said that i hope soon because I love my Palm and it would just complete it.... and she only had this to say " Yeah the palm phone is ok" lol than when i said so i heard about the EVO, i could tell her face lit up because she was all oh This is gonna be the best phone we ever got !!!! I was like man... no love for palm its ok pre i love u still " tucks his phone in bed " good night
    Quote Originally Posted by teach1love View Post
    I have been waiting, waiting and waiting for my VZ contract to be up in august. I desperately want to get on sprint with WebOS. Does anyone want to chime in on whether pres/pixis will still be available on spring in august? I am afraid I will be stuck between devices. I am totally cool with getting an 'old' pre just to get on WebOS!!!!
    Even if Sprint isn't still selling them, I am sure you will still be able to get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Even if Sprint isn't still selling them, I am sure you will still be able to get one.
    Excuse my ignorance but how would that work??
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teach1love View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but how would that work??
    You can get one from someone who is selling one on ebay/craiglist. As long as the ESN is clear, anyone can get a Sprint phone activiate with service (assuming it isn't too old a phone).
  12.    #32  
    hi, This is an issue that Sprint and Palm/HP need to work on. Especially since Sprint, will be the 1st one to get a next generation Pre, (or what ever they will call it). Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Folks saying that the EVO will sell well based on early reviews need to go back and read the reviews of the Pre right before it launched. Columnists were using terms like "iPhone crushing" and "revolutionary."
  14.    #34  
    hi, In the middle of Oct. I will be retiring my trusty Centro and will take the Pre plunge, (or what ever the next gen Pre will be called) at Sprint. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12