1.    #1  
    (info removed for decrose001)
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/20/2010 at 10:34 AM.
    If this were/is true. This is HUGE news. I mean... What could be the reasoning for this? It's simply software, not hardware considering X amount of carriers GPS is working..

if it does play out. This is sad.
    Another reason why I have sprint, FTW!!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    What should i say when i call about this?
    I find this hard to believe. I am gonna do some checking on this one.Tempted to throw out the bs <mod edit> flag on this post. Ok called my friends on the wireless side at work(yes i work for verizon Buried Wire Service,a whole other animal from VZW)and they said there is no such plan in the works or ever will be and the fix for the gps is coming asap.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 05/20/2010 at 09:25 AM.
    Yea, I'd like to check on this as well. Can't imagine they would do a 10% monthly discount in exchange for no GPS. Maybe this is advance "good will" prior to a class-action lawsuit???
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I called vzw tech support...they have no knowledge of this

called back to customer service...same thing.

not only that...they have nothing in their knowledge base aabout any gps or agps problems with the pre plus.

tech guy said he will check into this and get back to me tomorrrow 9am.

why would they not block the pixi plus???
    I'll give them a call tomorrow. Whenever I go the the store they never take me serious because I'm 16 but before I even had my Pre I knew more about it than every staff member in the store put together.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    good to know
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorgan25 View Post
    I called vzw tech support...they have no knowledge of this

called back to customer service...same thing.

not only that...they have nothing in their knowledge base aabout any gps or agps problems with the pre plus.
    So you called and they had no knowledge of anything? You definitely called the right number... lol...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrose001 View Post
    I find this hard to believe. I am gonna do some checking on this one.Tempted to throw out the bullsh#t flag on this post. Ok called my friends on the wireless side at work(yes i work for verizon Buried Wire Service,a whole other animal from VZW)and they said there is no such plan in the works or ever will be and the fix for the gps is coming asap.

needs more editing...
    First off , your monthly plan is overpriced , they can do better then that.Everything is negotiable , talk to the store manager and only the manager. My sources, which come from Vz as well , clearly state a fix is incoming with no time table for release. Also they added Palm is aware of the problem and is working with Vz on the fix. So to sum up ,they basically got tired of you complaining and threw you a bone 10% is nothing, hell I get a 25% discount as long as I maintain a contract just because I am Verizon BWS employee.So the call came from "corporate marketing"they have no idea about anything except for what supervisors tell them. My info comes straight from VZW engineering.
  13.    #13  
    First off , your monthly plan is overpriced , they can do better then that.Everything is negotiable , talk to the store manager and only the manager. My sources, which come from Vz as well , clearly state a fix is incoming with no time table for release. Also they added Palm is aware of the problem and is working with Vz on the fix. So to sum up ,they basically got tired of you complaining and threw you a bone 10% is nothing, hell I get a 25% discount as long as I maintain a contract just because I am Verizon BWS employee.So the call came from "corporate marketing"they have no idea about anything except for what supervisors tell them. My info comes straight from VZW engineering.
    lol.... Engineering controls how the company operates at Verizon!? I work in engineering and in corporate environments, we get put on tasks, but it's other entities that call the shots. In fact, I was placed on one project for almost a year while marketing was scrapping it.

Look, I came in here and reported what just happened with me. If you want to doubt me, fine. If your going to continue to tell me how much I'm lieing or getting screwed or how your info is better, how about re-evaluating your behavior. Your being rude and not relating to this 10% discount anyone with a Palm Pre should also be entitled to being they gave it to me for "hassle" alone, nothing more. Anyone with a Pre on Verizon is dealing with the same hassle. I'll quit posting these tidbits if that is really what you would like, but your starting to sound like one of them... wait... you said you work for them already. nevermind...
    Let's keep this on an information-sharing level. You have both received information from VZW. Let's wait until they work this issue out to decide who has the better information.
    In the real world of telcom, engineers pull more weight then your average so called "engineers" if you did your homework before whining you would know that.Point number 2,I am sure if these masses of ppl with this problem you speak of wanted the 10% and tried long enough they probably could get it , whatever helps you sleep at nite.Point number 3, quitting posting these tidbits, don't let the door hit ya in the as# on the way out .
    Sorry Bevcraw i just saw your post, yes I agree i'll just hang out and see how this pans out.
  17.    #17  
    don't let the door hit ya in the as# on the way out .
    wow... yeah... nevermind guys. I'll edit the previous posts since I can't just delete. Check the actual Palm forums if you want updates, I guess.
    For what its worth I agree with RetarTed on this one as I was told by a VZW "tech" that they are intentionally blocking GPS on Palm phones. They also went on to tell me that they do not have any plans of changing this and to just deal with it. They did not offer me anything and really did not care that they misrepresented this phone. In my opinion they must have a deal with Google or something like that to be pushing the Droid so much. This was the last straw for me, when my contract is up I will most likely be leaving Vzw. I also disagree and the tidbits need to be posted. Verizon has been screwing customers for years and it is time that they change.