Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am a Sprint Premier Customer with my 1 year quickly approaching. Curious from the group if you know if I would only be eligible for $150 off any upgrade or would I receive the same treatment as if I was a new customer joining, basically not having to pay a full chunk of change for a new phone.

Thanks!!
    $150 off if you don't sign a new contract, new customer pricing if you do sign another two year contract.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    If you are on a family plan the "Premier Plan" only applies to the primary user, everyone else has to wait the full 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwarchol View Post
    I am a Sprint Premier Customer with my 1 year quickly approaching. Curious from the group if you know if I would only be eligible for $150 off any upgrade or would I receive the same treatment as if I was a new customer joining, basically not having to pay a full chunk of change for a new phone.

Thanks!!
    $150 off with a new 2yr agreement signed.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yeah, you do need a new two year agreement regardless, but you can get the new customer pricing - at least, that it what it sounds like to me:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2drtf8l.png

Nationally advertised price = regular price - mail in rebate - instant rebates
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    You can get the new customer pricing. I got it around May 1st with Premier upgrade (unfortunately had to return phone - could not deal with browser)
    John 3:16
    Well from my experience when I first got the Sprint Premier plan back in Jan 20th 2009 with the Samsung Instinct, I was eligible for an upgrade on Nov 20th 2009 and bought the Palm Pre with a 2yr upgrade from Best Buy for $79 :-) black friday weekend. So you can get only the 2yr upgrade pricing/ $150 off. I been with Sprint since 2003 and the cheapest and best way to get a new phone is from a radioshack, bestbuy, or wirefly.com etc... Whoever offers the cheapest price with the 2 yr upgrade.
    Sprint corporate pricing (meaning Sprint.com, telesales, and corporate stores) does not favor new or current customers. Everyone gets the same deal on a new phone.

Third-party retailers (Best Buy, RadioShack, etc.) may have different pricing for new vs. current customers.

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    $150 off if you don't sign a new contract, new customer pricing if you do sign another two year contract.
    That is wrong. The way the upgrade program is setup you can choose whether to go with the $150 off or you can choose the nationally advertised pricing. In every case the advertised pricing is at least $150, in almost every case it is more than that. The discounting requires a new 2 year contract either way. If you don't want a contract you pay full price for the device.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)