1.    #1  
    Alright folks got a question for you.

So I signed up with Sprint in July of 09 and got a Palm Pre.

Back in Dec. of 09 or January of 10 I got sprint to drop my phone bill down 20 dollars a month for 2 years as long as I extended my contract. I likes sprint service here in NYC so I figured why not. I also made a point to ask the rep, does this affect my ability to upgrade to a new phone? or do I have to wait a full 24 months since I'm extending my contract before I can upgrade.

She said no and that I can upgrade in 17 or 18 months when the original 2 years was done with.

Well, a month or so ago I somehow am eligible and am now a Premiere Member with sprint. So I can upgrade in 1 year rather than waiting 2 years. My question is even though I extended my contract, can I still upgrade my phone this July?

I'm looking to set the Palm Pre aside and get the HTC 4G.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Yes, your contract will start again with the new phone. 2yr agreement rollover.
  3.    #3  
    So in July I can upgrade and a new 2 year will contract will start? I don't have to wait until my current contract is up?
    Yep, as long as you have Premiere Membership you're good to go in July.
    Actually, you should be good this July and again the next July. As a premiere member you are eligible yearly for upgrade. However, that is only on the premiere line.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Upgrades almost always come up before your current contract has expired. When you use the upgrade it will simply end your old contract and you will start a fresh 2-year contract.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    You can check on Sprint.com by logging into your account. It will tell you your upgrade eligibility....or it will show you your upgrade discount (of $150). Which is the same thing.