1.    #1  
    lately I've noticed I'm receiving txt messages much later than when they're sent, sometimes over 24 hours later. I can tell because I get a little line above the late messages saying "message sent: date / time" and the sender usually cusses me out for not replying in a certain amount of time. (I don't get the date/time stamp on regular messages, just late ones)

so I'm wondering:

a) is this usual crappy behavior from a crappy provider?

and

b) is there a way to manually poll the system to retrieve any outstanding messages that haven't been delivered yet? I know some providers have # or * codes for this type of thing.

I sent bell an email, asking about this sort of thing, but I expect only the usual canned response.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Maybe if you or the person sending them has poor reception at the time they are being sent. I am with Bell and sometimes, I notice they can be delayed up to half an hour if I have poor reception, but if my phone is off, I immediately receive all the messages that were sent to me when I turn it back on.

As for a way to manually poll the system, the phone probably does that automatically when it turns on, but turning airplane mode on/off or resetting only java, not the entire phone may be enough.

Patches probably have nothing to do with this, but either way, I don't have any that do anything to messaging and am on 1.4.1.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Bell CDMA sucks crap, it's nothing to do with the phone itself, but rather the network.
    I have Telus CDMA (they share the same network) and it sends duplicate messages all the time or sends them ridiculously late.
  4.    #4  
    well still nothing back from bell on the issue, but I'm not surprised.

the reception might be bad, but is there no way to check for them manually? I tried turning airplane mode on/off, and reset java, and there's atleast one message that I know was sent but still hasn't shown up.

I guess I'll just have to live it out, and not rely on sms. shame.. maybe if a gsm webos device comes to bell it will be more reliable? cdma is getting tiresome.

edit - so I checked the bell's "unbilled usage details" and it seems bell doesn't have a record of these sms', so maybe it was the other carrier.. so atleast its not the phone..
    Last edited by tedrampart; 05/17/2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Quote Originally Posted by richc3 View Post
    Bell CDMA sucks crap, it's nothing to do with the phone itself, but rather the network.
    I have Telus CDMA (they share the same network) and it sends duplicate messages all the time or sends them ridiculously late.
    +1

It's an age old problem from what I heard, not specific to the Pre. The Pre's my first CDMA phone, and I'm getting a lot of those.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here