1.    #1  
    Think I might have a bad battery in my Pre which is only 2 months old. I understand batteries don't last forever but should last more than 2 months! What are the chances that if I walk into the Verizon store, complain, and ask for a new battery I would get one at no charge? Or is this something I should go directly through Palm with? Again, phone is ONLY 2 months old!
    VZ will hook you up. Just call customer support, and they will probably send it to you.
    I don't know how long you have been with Verizon but......

I took back a 4 month old Touchstone Charger that quit on me. They hedged at first. I looked around and they were bending over backwards to sell new phones and plans.

I said to the rep, LOOK!, I have been with you for over 10 years, just bought two phones, 2 Chargers and a car charger, and renewed my contracts, added an extra data plan for two years and you are not going to replace a $50 Charger? I walked out with a new Touchstone.

Sometimes you need to point out the obvious.

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I don't know how long you have been with Verizon but......

I took back a 4 month old Touchstone Charger that quit on me. They hedged at first. I looked around and they were bending over backwards to sell new phones and plans.

I said to the rep, LOOK!, I have been with you for over 10 years, just bought two phones, 2 Chargers and a car charger, and renewed my contracts, added an extra data plan for two years and you are not going to replace a $50 Charger? I walked out with a new Touchstone.

Sometimes you need to point out the obvious.

Good Luck!
    that's why I suggest calling customer support. They aren't trying to sell you anything whereas the people in the stores are just pushing boxes.
  5.    #5  
    Yea I've been a Verizon customer for probably about 10 years also. Never really had any problems or issues where I had to walk in and deal with them so not much customer service experience with them. Hopefully my length of time as their customer counts for something! Just didn't want to waste my time, walk in there, and have them tell me I had to go through Palm for a battery. Thanks!