1.    #1  
    I have had no problems with the VX Mobile HotSpot up until about 2 pm EDT today 5/13/10.
    "No Sharing Service
    Sharing an Internet connections requires an addition to your service plan. Contact your carrier for help."
    Verizon can't figure it out. They can see I have the service. The removed and readded the service to my account and a few reboots - still not working.
    Anyone else having this problem??
    The Mobile Hotspot at no additional cost is the only reason I got the Palm Pre Plus. (All of the other things it can do is Just Fun!!)
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    I have had no problems with the VX Mobile HotSpot up until about 2 pm EDT today 5/13/10.
    "No Sharing Service
    Sharing an Internet connections requires an addition to your service plan. Contact your carrier for help."
    Verizon can't figure it out. They can see I have the service. The removed and readded the service to my account and a few reboots - still not working.
    Anyone else having this problem??
    The Mobile Hotspot at no additional cost is the only reason I got the Palm Pre Plus. (All of the other things it can do is Just Fun!!)
    Thanks.
    Call VZ customer support. Make sure it is included in your plan (at zero cost).

I had that message once, and I thought it was just a general disclaimer for the first time you use the application... but you can check that with VZ customer service with a quick call to 611.
    My first hand set showed that message about 24 hours before it decided to cook itself. I suspect it may be a failure in the handset.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks.
    I was on the phone with them for almost 3 hours. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Call VZ customer support. Make sure it is included in your plan (at zero cost).

I had that message once, and I thought it was just a general disclaimer for the first time you use the application... but you can check that with VZ customer service with a quick call to 611.
  5.    #5  
    Well VZ contacted Palm and Palm says this is common and that the Palm Pre needs a full reset.
    We, under Rest I see no reset options, only shutdown. restart and a few options for erasing data.
    VZ I could do it from palm.com/support, but don't it there either.
    I'm sure VZ will be calling back - But does this mean I lose most of everything?!?!
    I hate 'fixes' that are fixes but are just 'sarting from scratch'. It means they don't have a cluse as to how to fix it!
    maybe you guys can try to remove the hotspot application and reapply it manually, the same way sprint user do, because my hotspot is fine. Maybe try to go to that forum and try it that way.
  7.    #7  
    Well did it VZ and palm's way and it is now working,and I have 74 Apps that will download but not Install. Though when I try one of them - SPB TV - from the App tore it looks like the App Store is having problems and that might be all it is about.
    Now I have to find/remember how I got PreWare!!!
    Arrrggg it will get there. But a Fix would have been nicer!
    Thanks f0o the suggestions
    heres a quick fix to install them for now:

Jensbob in our forums has found a temporary fix, however: Open up your "Date & Time" preferences, turn off "Network Time," and then set the date back to something before today (Say, May 10th). You will then have the wrong date on your phone, but app downloads will work. Jensbob and others speculate we're looking at some sort of expired certificate issue.

thats what they posted here on the home page.
    My problem is I use it too much. *Ba doom CHA!* No, seriously I use it all the time. Haven't gone over the cap yet.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Ok so I just had this problem too. I call customer service, together we found that when you open the app there was nothing under the "Network Info" . When you click in that box you can rename it and then it works. I set a password too.

I really didn't want to do a full reset.