1.    #1  
    I'm writing to say that I regret switching to bell for the Palm Pre.

I moved 2 phones from City Fido Toronto, and now have a ****ty plan with no minutes and i'm sick of having to wait till 5pm. I use about 8 megs a months cause i'm always using WiFi, So in other words I give them money for no reason. Then I'm told I have to pay $35 activation fee, I had to pay $60 just to get out of my contract with Fido now another $40 (after Tax) to bell, WOW.

So what really gets me and I would like someone to tell me if this is True.

If i want to switch my phones (online) i have to pay $20 everytime I put a new phone under my account? CDMA.

Now then i asked if i got a phone with a SIM card, would I be able to just take the SIM out and put it in any bell phone, She said I have to pay $20 everytime I change phones that are no under my account.

1. Why can I just put my FIDO sim in any unlocked phone 1000 times and never get charged a cent?

2. Why Bell charge for every single thing I do.?

Please someone clarify this for me cause if this is True, I will not pay to upgrade phone when i buy phones outright for 600$'s new. So in other words, I will not get a Palm Pre + and i'm hoping that Rogers gets it and Bell has lost my business for life, I knew it was a bad idea to switch just for a phone, should of stayed with my Unlocked Palm Treo 680's they never did me wrong. LOL.
    Doing online switch is free. Go to bell.ca and log on to your account.

There are 3 ways of switching phones, as explained by MacD (check this thread, http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...page=2&pp=15):

1. Online on Bell.ca (free)
    2. In-Store ($15)
    3. CSR Hotline ($35)

All you need is the MEID of the new phone or IMEI of the SIM card. Yes, you can even switch between HSPA and CDMA, but good luck trying to get a store to sell you a card without activating it, although I heard Future Shop and The Source would gladly sell you one.

I got lucky, I switched over when they had the activation fee waiver, so I paid nothing and picked up my Pre. But $35 is pretty "standard across the industry" (read: collusion, but it's apparently legal in Canada), Rogers charges, Fido charges (but waived as a promo), and Telus charges.

I'm paying $47+tax and got a free phone, so I'm not really complaining.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 05/12/2010 at 09:32 AM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Your curtains (Title) do not match your carpet (body of the post)!

I thought this was gonna be another rant about how bad Palm was, etc. It appears to be a whine about Bell (or, more specifically, YOUR failure to understand a contract prior to entering into it).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post

I thought this was gonna be another rant about how bad Palm was, etc. It appears to be a whine about Bell (or, more specifically, YOUR failure to understand a contract prior to entering into it).

That's funny....

Yes it's my little whine about Bell, I'm entitled to it. I'm just stating my opinion about Bell vs. Fido's City Fido and it's not worth the switch, if i got a GSM version of the Pre then I could have 1000's of minutes and use my phone just for WiFi. Also i must say that i am not under a contract at all, its just sad then when you switch from a company the other company doesn't care how or what you are doing to come over to their company, They should be happy that I'm giving up on the best plan in Canada to come over to bell and should of waived the activation fee no matter what, that's just smart business.

Which is really what I'm aiming at doing as soon as I can get a Unlocked GSM phone in Canada or if Rogers comes out with one.

Thanks for the info. My Issue has been solved.

It's not really his fault, blame the Canadian Telecom Industry. You run into the exact same problems no matter who you switch to. They all charge those fees, and have a ridiculous 30 day rule for porting.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I was not chastising him. I just found it funny that I came in expecting one thing and found another.
  7.    #7  
    I was not chastising him. I just found it funny that I came in expecting one thing and found another.

Yes now reading it I could see how you might of thought that, That's why I wrote (BELL). I don't think i could give up on Palm yet, The Pre Maybe but still in my mind the 680 is the best phone i've ever owned, it did everything for me that i needed, I don't use much internet and never really needed to before i got a PRE. lol.

have a nice day