Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    let's see... pre+ showing up at what seems like every other carrier except sprint, pre/pixi/pre+ prices dropping or free at several other carriers (again, nothing from sprint)...

    W...T...F?

    i sure hope sprint+palm customers are rewarded for watching the improvements and perks all going elsewhere by getting first dibs at the next generation webOS follow-on to the pre (and it had better be worth it)...
  2. #2  
    I agree, and it'll be the next big release from Sprint after the EVO.
    Hold tight........
  3. #3  
    I'd rather have the new Palm device from Sprint than a Pre+.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4. #4  
    Or even just add a freebie such as Mobile Hot Spot since we have free unlimited data anyway, this would beat Verizon's offer as well as make a lot of us happy without wondering if the next Upgrade will break it again.
  5. #5  
    Sprint can't afford to have two "flagship products", at the same time, so they're going to be all about the Evo for a while; however, expect that to change.

    I'm still believing that they will quietly start replacing the Pre with Pre+, and then have a big push for the next WebOS device.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sprint can't afford to have two "flagship products", at the same time, so they're going to be all about the Evo for a while; however, expect that to change.

    I'm still believing that they will quietly start replacing the Pre with Pre+, and then have a big push for the next WebOS device.
    As long as 4G is only in ~30 cities and ~45 by year end I can't see why they would be "all about the Evo". Especially since a large part of their user base can't access 4G features. IMHO I could see them pushing Evo hard in the local markets where it makes sense and still have another flagship outside those areas.

    Of course maybe I'm wrong and they will push the Evo on lots of people that can't take advantage of 4G services yet.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Or even just add a freebie such as Mobile Hot Spot since we have free unlimited data anyway, this would beat Verizon's offer as well as make a lot of us happy without wondering if the next Upgrade will break it again.
    Sprint's not the reason you don't have Mobile Hotspot. That was deal that Palm made w/Verizon as well as the delayed release of the plus phones on other carriers. Although, if you do want mobile hotspot on your Sprint Pre, there's a couple threads on here to assist with that.
  8. #8  
    i just hope that when we do get the new palm phone (i'm pretty confident that we will) that they dont decide to release a plus version after a few months again on all other carriers and we once again get screwed
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
    Or even just add a freebie such as Mobile Hot Spot since we have free unlimited data anyway, this would beat Verizon's offer as well as make a lot of us happy without wondering if the next Upgrade will break it again.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    Sprint's not the reason you don't have Mobile Hotspot. That was deal that Palm made w/Verizon as well as the delayed release of the plus phones on other carriers. Although, if you do want mobile hotspot on your Sprint Pre, there's a couple threads on here to assist with that.
    But I don't want to start using it "unofficially" and get screwed by Sprint somewhere down the line. Higher monthly rate or something like that.
  10. #10  
    The EVO is not just a 4G device, it will run on 3G. But to take full advantage of the device will require 4G network. I'm sure Sprint will market it in such a way that it will be a mainstream phone for eveyone, and a killer phone for those that travel on business. If you look at the specs, there isn't a 3G phone that can do anything near what it will. The only problem I see is that Sprint needs to launch it at a time to avoid the hype from the new iPhone next month. It would be nice to see it sooner, but I expect it to be later.



    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    As long as 4G is only in ~30 cities and ~45 by year end I can't see why they would be "all about the Evo". Especially since a large part of their user base can't access 4G features. IMHO I could see them pushing Evo hard in the local markets where it makes sense and still have another flagship outside those areas.

    Of course maybe I'm wrong and they will push the Evo on lots of people that can't take advantage of 4G services yet.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  11. #11  
    I have been a dedicated Sprint for about 10 years. I'm completely satisfied with the pricing and the service. That being said, I'm very disappointed in their treatment of Pre users. It's not that they're treating us badly, it's just as if they're just ignoring us all together.
    You know how every family has a member that they just don't want to talk about?...that's us.
    The Saint

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions