1.    #1  
    We would like to add my Grandfather to our family plan on Sprint to save some money. Currently he has some Sanyo phone (with a giant speakerphone) from 3 years ago, it's not very good and he has trouble navigating the menus.

So I thought I would ask this question of the PreCentral community-- What is a good Sprint phone for Grandpa? Ideally it would be as simple as possible, have large keys, large bright lettering on the screen, strong vibrate, and an easy to navigate menu. Complex features such as email, browsing, and music are a minus as they just clutter the phone and cause confusion. It must be a phone on Sprint, not necessarily one in their current lineup though.

Thanks in advance!!
    Samsung SPH-M610
    I got my dad a Samsung M240. (He's 83 and he loves it).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    The Sanyo 3810. Lagre Keys and you have the option to make the menu to large font.
    Does Sprint carry the Jitterbug? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Does Sprint carry the Jitterbug? LOL
    they should lol...for those people who complain that the pre is too hard to use
  7.    #7  
    Jitterbug is a Verizon MNVO, and they are WAY too expensive anyway. The point of this is so save us some money.

So far, looks the Sanyo 3810 is the best bet. It's the only one of the bunch to even make an attempt at being elderly-friendly.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Seconding the Sanyo 3810
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I also vote for the Sanyo 3810. Big, solid phone with a large screen and large keys.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    cricket.
    i'm actually thinking giving the pre with font size patch to my dad. But the speaker might b too soft for him.
    I would suggest a "ruggedized" cell phone... generally have large buttons, aren't too complicated, and are seriously built to last.

I used to have a Casio G'Zone back when I was with Verizon and that thing was indestructible. We used to try to mess it up by doing stuff like making calls underwater in the swimming pool, throwing it at things, and so on... On their website there's even a consumer testimonial of a guy who lost his phone in a snowbank outside his house. 9 days later the snow finally thawed and his phone still worked just fine.

Looking at Sprint's line-up you might want to check out either the i576 by Motorola (flip phone), the PRO-700 by Sanyo (flip phone), or the i365 by Motorola (candy bar style). You could also just walk into a Sprint store and ask what they have as far as rugged phones.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
    The Sanyo 3810. Lagre Keys and you have the option to make the menu to large font.
    +1
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    the pre...
    Sanyo 3810 is probably your best bet. The M240 is extremely low end, and isn't as elderly-friendly.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)