1.    #1  
    I recently moved. Received my first Sprint bill since the move and was shocked to see my surcharges went from 6.65 to 17.10 per month. I was ****ed (although the taxes went down about a dollar). Called Sprint and the first TWO costumer service people I spoke with told me tough bounce and there was absolutely nothing they could do for me and that I was stuck. I started asking if this constituted a material change to my contract as I did not authorize any of the increases and was sent directly to account services. The first question was "if this problem is not resolved, are you considering taking all four of your lines away from Sprint?" After saying yes, they quickly offered me a $10 monthly credit. Thank you Sprint, for taking care of me and making me feel as though you appreciate my business!
    They don't just appreciate your business they need it but yeah that's some of sprint's great customer service
    So what were the extra surcharges for? Roaming? I think they would be hard pressed to justify the extra charges without adding something to your contract.

Quote Originally Posted by GoD_trentonj View Post
    I recently moved. Received my first Sprint bill since the move and was shocked to see my surcharges went from 6.65 to 17.10 per month. I was ****ed (although the taxes went down about a dollar). Called Sprint and the first TWO costumer service people I spoke with told me tough bounce and there was absolutely nothing they could do for me and that I was stuck. I started asking if this constituted a material change to my contract as I did not authorize any of the increases and was sent directly to account services. The first question was "if this problem is not resolved, are you considering taking all four of your lines away from Sprint?" After saying yes, they quickly offered me a $10 monthly credit. Thank you Sprint, for taking care of me and making me feel as though you appreciate my business!
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    thats part of the bad rep sprint gets which is a shame. I dont know about others, but I've been with sprint for 12 years, and everytime I had a dispute over a charge, or a error they took care of it immediately no questions asked. This is the normal for me, and when I would struggle to pay the bill they would float my service and keep it on until I could pay my bill. No other company I ve been with (and i had verizon, and At&t) has done close to that. So I defend sprint in every way and will continue to as long as they offer me great customer service, and cheap rates.
  5.    #5  
    The charges were as follows.... NO roaming and NO changes to my account.

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $2.58
    Nebraska State-NE USF $3.75
    Omaha City-B&O Surcharge $5.21
    Administrative Charge $3.96
    Regulatory Charge $1.60
    --------------
    $17.10

Just as an update, the adjustment I was told I would receive this month has yet to appear on my bill. It will be a bummer if I have to call again to get this taken care of...

Prior to this month, my surcharges totaled less than $7.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    well nebraska and omaha are getting you for almost 9 dollars!
    yeah, about $11 of those are taxes.
    Sprint's customer service had improved remarkably over the last few years.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    yeah, about $11 of those are taxes.
    What ****es me off though, is that these arent taxes to me, they are Sprint's taxes. there is another line on my bill for taxes which I have to pay another $7 a month! If Sprint is going to charge surcharges, they should just build them into the costs of contracts rather than putting hidden fees on a bill like they do...
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    thats part of the bad rep sprint gets which is a shame. I dont know about others, but I've been with sprint for 12 years, and everytime I had a dispute over a charge, or a error they took care of it immediately no questions asked. This is the normal for me, and when I would struggle to pay the bill they would float my service and keep it on until I could pay my bill. No other company I ve been with (and i had verizon, and At&t) has done close to that. So I defend sprint in every way and will continue to as long as they offer me great customer service, and cheap rates.

Yes same here Sprint has been good to me as well been with them since they took over Nextel. My first phone.. Sprint InstinK!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Sprint has been good to me as well. Keep it up Sprint.
    So two days ago I call Sprint Customer Care and report my Pre keeps rebooting itself and it has become way tooo frequent for me to consider my phone useful. Stated that I love my Pre, and have been with Sprint for 10yrs and really only stayed with them because of the Pre. Customer svc dude tells me that I'm not due for an upgrade until September but he could let me upgrade now. So I play into it and ask "what phones does Sprint have that would be an upgrade?" He leads off w/Blackberry Storm, HTC, and that the HTC will be releasing a 4g very shortly.
    I reiterate that I love my Pre, and the Palm phones is the only reason I've been with sprint for the past 7 years and none of the phones he listed would be an "upgrade" as much as a lateral movement. He takes that to be a challenge to convince me of how much better the HTC touch is and will be with the 4G version.
    Finally after 10 or 15 minutes, he tells me to take it to the Sprint store and they may be able to repair* or trade out my phone.
    Palm's problem with sales is that many of the Sprint folks are idiots.
    Good to hear, as Sprint gets alot of unearned bad press. I've been with them for over 10 years and their service has always been fantastic. My only gripe with Sprint has always been their lackluster lineup of phones. They've always seemed to be 2 steps behind other carriers in regards to introducing new and groundbreaking devices. Great to see them finally stepping up and getting the job. And with the EVO 4G, will actually and finally have the BEST device on the market.
    The Saint
  14.    #14  
    Just a quick update, logged in to pay my bill today. No adjustment had been made as promised. Of course, I quickly called in to see what was going on. Once I requested account services, the lady I spoke with said no changes had been made, although they were noted in my sprint notes. She said the rep who had previously worked with me had realized that adding the service credit would extend one of my lines contracts by another six months so instead of calling me to notify me, he just didn't do it. That kind of frustrates me. To Sprint's credit, the lady I spoke with did make it right, put the $10 credit on one line (extending it six months), put a $5 credit on another line for one year, and did apologize for her coworker.

I stand by my thanks to sprint, but it is this kind of thing that SHOULD be fixed on the first call that leads to frustrated costumers.

I would LOVE to see my Sprint notes... as many times as I've called into Sprint I bet they have some interesting things to say...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Sprint is VERY focused upon customer service these days I assure you.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.