1.    #1  
    I noticed that Fox News Channel is back on the lineup and was wondering if someone who has Sprint TV Xtra if they could verify wether or not the FNC channel is live or if it's only 'on demand'.

Back when I first got the Instinct, FNC was available for free. It was live and uninterupted, well, except for the occasional hiccup. I'm just curious if it's the same as it was then. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I noticed that Fox News Channel is back on the lineup and was wondering if someone who has Sprint TV Xtra if they could verify wether or not the FNC channel is live or if it's only 'on demand'.

Back when I first got the Instinct, FNC was available for free. It was live and uninterupted, well, except for the occasional hiccup. I'm just curious if it's the same as it was then. Thanks in advance.
    I wish I had an answer for you. I used to pay for Xtra but when Fox News was gone I stopped. Maybe that was on my Palm Pro ,, I think it was. Anyway. I want live Fox News myself SPRINT and Mobi TV
    Hi,

I have Sprint TV Xtra - it does have FoxNews. They've also brought back Comedy Central clips...being able to catch up on Colbert & Daily Show is worth the $10 bucks!
  4.    #4  
    ^ is Fox News live or just video clips? I'm not big on Comedy Central, but it's good to know that they have it avail again for fans of the network.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    ^ is Fox News live or just video clips? I'm not big on Comedy Central, but it's good to know that they have it avail again for fans of the network.
    I had it a couple years ago when it was not as complete as it is now, I do remember lining up the LIVE Sprint TV with Live Real TV and it never matched up.. more of rolling clips of the channel like a Headline News type channel
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    It's Fair and Balanced! Unlike those CNN fairies! I do always chuckle when i hear the Fair and Balanced bit moments after some liberal bashing. As for the topic at hand, what was the question? :P
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    It's Fair and Balanced! Unlike those CNN fairies! I do always chuckle when i hear the Fair and Balanced bit moments after some liberal bashing. As for the topic at hand, what was the question? :P
    lol, glad you said it so I didn't have to
    my sister has sprint extra, I would ask her if Faux News is live but she doesn't have cable so she can't check.
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    Without you saying that, it would truly be a mystery as to your political persuasion with your picture and location.
    FoxNews is live (they also have MSNBC Live, in case folks want to hear both ideological sides of issues.)

Xtra also provides clips from Animal Planet, Discovery, Nickelodion, Disney, Atom Films and a bunch of music stuff.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    FoxNews is live (they also have MSNBC Live, in case folks want to hear both ideological sides of issues.)

Xtra also provides clips from Animal Planet, Discovery, Nickelodion, Disney, Atom Films and a bunch of music stuff.
    Thanks for answering the question.

To others, please do not turn this into a political bash-fest.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  12.    #12  
    Okay, this is weird. Sprint eCare says FNC is NOT a live channel. I don't want to subscribe if it's simply "on demand" clips...thats not worth 10 bucks at all. But now I'm confused on who is correct. This is the response that I got from Sprint about this issue:

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding Sprint TV.

I understand you want to know regarding Sprint tv.Fox news channel is
    not a live channel it is available on demand.If you want to know more
    about Sprint tv please visit:

[url= TV - Mobile TV from Sprint[/url]

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
    concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we
    can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    George A
    Sprint
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/03/2010 at 09:34 PM.
    I just double-checked (I don't typically watch Fox), and it is indeed live.

Did you specify Xtra when you contacted Sprint?
    i have sprint tv extra and fox news is live and works nice.
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for all the confirmations. And yes, I did specify Xtra when contacting them. I went ahead and subscribed and am watching live Team Fox coverage of the arrest of the timesquare bomb plotter!

Anyway, get a load out of this from earlier tonigt...

Just got off the phone with the WORST customer rep who hung up on me! Here's how the convo went:

Me: Hi, I just got an email from customer service about whether or not Fox News is a live or simply 'on demand' channel. They said it is not live, it's only 'on demand'....but I have heard from friends who have Sprint TV Xtra and they say it's live. I also called in earlier before I received the email response and the rep told me it was a live channel.

"Chuck": The email you received was the correct answer. Fox News is not live, but it is available 'on demand'. Whenever you get an email, that's who you should believe because it is from our corp office.

Me: Wow...wonder why we even have call centers if we can't even trust the data we receive from customer service reps.

"Chuck": *scoff* I don't know what else to tell you, sir!

Me: Um, can I talk to someone else? Since I've received different answers, I really want to make sure I'm receiving true information.

CLICK! The jerk hung up!

Why don't I ever get surveys about THOSE kind of reps? It's frustrating to know that he most likely just got away with being terribly rude. Perhaps he was getting monitored by his supervisors...I hope so - they need to weed out stupid jerks like "Chuck" if they want to maintain any amount of quality customer care.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/04/2010 at 01:33 AM.