Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    Should be interesting to see how many people planning on selling the EVO on eBay for a new palm device will actually do it. EVO looks amazing, and I can't think of anything else to put in a phone. Can't wait for it to come out. If/when Palm comes out with a new device I will definitely play with it, but wouldn't be able to justify a switch unless the new palm device has all of the features of the EVO plus webos.
    The hardware is lovely, true, but it's the software that counts.

If hardware features were the only thing that mattered, we'd all be dumping our Palm, Apple, Blackberry and Android devices to get a Touch HD2.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    The hardware is lovely, true, but it's the software that counts.

If hardware features were the only thing that mattered, we'd all be dumping our Palm, Apple, Blackberry and Android devices to get a Touch HD2.

Webos is better, but I don't think android is significantly worse than webos. Also the variety in apps available and level of google integration level the playing field IMO. It would be nice to have certain apps made available to webos users like functional google voice app and a free xbmc remote.

I don't see Palm remaining competitive with all the bad press they have received without coming out with a cutting edge device.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Technicians for sprint are not authorized to open the pre. They can attempt any servicing that may help without cracking the thing open. This has been the case from day one and is nothing new to move inventory.

VenpaCasa the technician was correct. Technically by modifying the OS in ways that are not supported by sprint or palm does void your warranty. We will usually require the phone to be OS dr'ed and the issues to persist before we will exchange it but that is actually an exception not policy. If you want to get into the nitty gritty policy would define what you did to your phone as intentional negligence and not only should you be denied service in store but your insurance should be null and void since you intentionally performed an act that voided the warranty.

That all said just don't be an ***** and dr your pre before you go into a store for service.
    Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    VenpaCasa the technician was correct. Technically by modifying the OS in ways that are not supported by sprint or palm does void your warranty. We will usually require the phone to be OS dr'ed and the issues to persist before we will exchange it but that is actually an exception not policy. If you want to get into the nitty gritty policy would define what you did to your phone as intentional negligence and not only should you be denied service in store but your insurance should be null and void since you intentionally performed an act that voided the warranty.

That all said just don't be an ***** and dr your pre before you go into a store for service.
    unless your phone come with an open souce agreement that's has a little part in there stating that it's ok to make changes to your phone like you can with preware, I have had sprint customer service reps tell me about preware and how I should use it when I was getting a factory pre replaced, I have tooken a pre back to the store with at least 30 patches and a theme installed, no1 complained they just replaced my phone, yu might want to read that agreement before you comment on these topics
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12