Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Just logged in to my Sprint account, and along with my Pre and my wife's Treo 800 (my old phone :-) ) the air rave is listed. This is along with a local telephone number beneath it. Anybody else have that? First step towards VOIP rollout perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    Just logged in to my Sprint account, and along with my Pre and my wife's Treo 800 (my old phone :-) ) the air rave is listed. This is along with a local telephone number beneath it. Anybody else have that? First step towards VOIP rollout perhaps?
    the airave is VOIP.... thats how it works, unless i'm missing your actual question.

Mine shows up on my account as it should.

Did u see the new one coming out? supports EVDO/Data.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    True, but I was really referring to the VOIP landline capability in the new one. Also, this is the first time I have seen a telephone number (and it's local to my area, which my cell phone is not) attached to it. Now, should we start a new thread once the new one comes out on how to exchange the old for the new? :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    True, but I was really referring to the VOIP landline capability in the new one. Also, this is the first time I have seen a telephone number (and it's local to my area, which my cell phone is not) attached to it. Now, should we start a new thread once the new one comes out on how to exchange the old for the new? :-)

Not aware of landline capability, kinda defeats the purpose, its for your cellphone to make and receive calls, the land line function would be useless, thats what ppl get rid of the land line, cause they want all calls going to one number, being the cellphone number.

I doubt there will be any kind of exchange capability, theres no upgrade program in effect for the airave (maybe in the future?) or you just buy it out right like the first one.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The new airrave device will have a rj-11 phone jack which wil be nice to have a landline phone also won't have to worry about cell phone battery and if you have kids that like to talk on the phone alot so i'm looking forward for the new device .would like to when it's coming out?
    same thing showed up on my bill this month for the first time.It was always listed before but never assigned a local phone number.and the 4.99 a month had always been waived in the past and this month they tried charging me for it,had to call to get it fixed so it seems like something is going on with these
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjy724 View Post
    same thing showed up on my bill this month for the first time.It was always listed before but never assigned a local phone number.and the 4.99 a month had always been waived in the past and this month they tried charging me for it,had to call to get it fixed so it seems like something is going on with these
    After I noticed it, I looked at my bill, and they did charge for it (4.99), but then also had a "customer appreciation/retiontion" credit of 4.99 to continue the free device.
    I asked about it when I saw the new website. I was told that they had to assign it a number in order for FCC compliance. If you call that number, you won't get an answer.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    yes
    it
    did
    Same here. A phone number and I now was getting charged $4.99 for the Airrave they gave me free. A call to Cust Rep fixed that AND they gave me a $75 credit for resigning a new 2 year plan. This is the third time ( in 4 months) they asked me on the phone to sign a new 2 year plan for $75 credit. Thats $225 in credits . I better keep calling.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/27/2010 at 09:28 PM.
    I notice my Airave qualifies for an upgrade credit of 150.00. So If I were to upgrade to the new Airave, would I get a credit of 150.00 to that unit? And then a 2 year contract for something that does not have a monthly charge. Hmm.
    Sprints messed up. They never had a contract for the Airave.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    The recent changes to both Sprint.com, and the corporate retail store systems that happened on April 11th also coincided with changes to the way that Airave devices are provisioned. The current Airave functionality and plan structures have not changed at all, but the way it is provisioned in the billing system has changed. Airave devices are now assigned a phone number, but there is no contract associated with it like a phone or mobile broadband device. They also are not eligible for an upgrade discount, the fact the site says they are is simply a side effect of the new system being put into place, it will probably be adjusted as bugs with the new systems are fixed.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I saw that as well, but if you click on the upgrade button, it says that it is not eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    I notice my Airave qualifies for an upgrade credit of 150.00. So If I were to upgrade to the new Airave, would I get a credit of 150.00 to that unit? And then a 2 year contract for something that does not have a monthly charge. Hmm.
    Sprints messed up. They never had a contract for the Airave.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."