1.    #1  
    Had the Treo 755p before and never dropped call in my house, now I have dropped calls most of the time. Has Palm com out with any patches for radio issues?
    Never had a radio issue, pre is better than any phone I've had or have for reception
    it gets 1-2 bar better than my tour
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    try updating your PRL
    go to the phone app
    go to the preference on the top left drop menu
    go all the way to the bottom and press update PRL
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    The latest PRL gave me *worse* coverage at home and in my office than I had before the update. Buyer beware.....
    Call Customer Service - I had them reset my phone, don't remember exactly what it is called, but based off different towers. Did this when I first got it last June. I had watched my bars bounce around, so resetting PRL above is definitely worth a try.

Mine is better than my Centro, and have actually seen improvements in reception recently at vacation home with update - went from iffy Roam to EV
    yeah you should trouble shoot first before posting, you may have a bad phone with a bad radio, because this isnt even a common issue with not just the pre, but any phone on sprint so how can you even make that statment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggs167 View Post
    Had the Treo 755p before and never dropped call in my house, now I have dropped calls most of the time. Has Palm com out with any patches for radio issues?
    Do you have your phone set to automatic or just the Sprint network? This phone works great, but you have to know how to use it.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    My service (# of bars) is about the same as my HTC Touch I had, but worse than the Instinct's. I'm in Pitt lots of hills and lots of dead spots for every carrier. Sprint is still my first choice for a carrier.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I have better voice coverage and data service with Sprint and my Pre than I did with at&t. I'm in the pacific northwest and (for me) this is best service/$ ratio available.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I haven't had many issues for the nine years I have been with them. I am in St. Louis. I would check with CS to see if it the phone, your area coverage, or the towers you are hitting. Once you get to that point and still nothing improves, you might be able to get an airrave for your issues. Just remember that if you are courteous and alm,they will help you.
    I'm in central Arkansas had a BB 8830 then a htc touch pro then my Pre. Out of all the phones I get the best with the Pre. Don't get me wrong it was a close comparison.
    have sprint 6 yrs now and I can't remember last time I had a drop call,never with my pre.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    My Pre has been fantastic, and never done anything to it other than use it.