Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thinkin about jumping on verizon's 50.00 pre plus deal for my first cell phone ever and finally ditching the landline.

I guess the thing that's bothering me is their 350.00 early termination fee. I find it sort of odd that the fee is the same for the 50.00 pre plus as it is for the 200.00 Incredible (currently my 2nd choice). It wouldn't surprise me if I eventually discover that I don't use the phone enough to pay for it every month.

Seems to me that if a person needs to do a 2-year deal, and be subject to the same termination fee either way, they might want to go with something like the Incredible due to it being a little faster,newer,etc.

I dunno, I haven't really looked into all this too much. How hard would it be for me to switch to a different phone after like a year? Is Verizon gonna let me do that? The pre will be pretty much 2 years old by that time.
    You can get a new every two device on Verizon after 20 months. If you want a new one before that, you will have to pay full price or get one on ebay. The etf is for all data plans, allegedly because the devices cost more money. You will have to decide if the Pre or Incredible will be better for you. With the Pre, you will have free Mobile Hotspot, which is a considerable benefit for some.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennygreen View Post
    Thinkin about jumping on verizon's 50.00 pre plus deal for my first cell phone ever and finally ditching the landline.

I guess the thing that's bothering me is their 350.00 early termination fee. I find it sort of odd that the fee is the same for the 50.00 pre plus as it is for the 200.00 Incredible (currently my 2nd choice). It wouldn't surprise me if I eventually discover that I don't use the phone enough to pay for it every month.

Seems to me that if a person needs to do a 2-year deal, and be subject to the same termination fee either way, they might want to go with something like the Incredible due to it being a little faster,newer,etc.

I dunno, I haven't really looked into all this too much. How hard would it be for me to switch to a different phone after like a year? Is Verizon gonna let me do that? The pre will be pretty much 2 years old by that time.
    With the Palm Pre Plus you could cancell your internet also because it works as a mobile hotspot (basically a wireless router) so you can connect your laptop to the internet from it also.
    Lets also do our part in voting webos,for Quickoffice Development
    VOTE,VOTE,VOTE,VOTE....DO IT NOW,PLEASE
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dennygreen View Post
    so why not buy a prepaid phone and see how much you use it before buying a phone on a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by dennygreen
    there used to be a program where you would pay $50 more (at one time) and get the option to upgrade once a year, rather than every two. idk if verizon does that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmwebos View Post
    With the Palm Pre Plus you could cancell your internet also because it works as a mobile hotspot (basically a wireless router) so you can connect your laptop to the internet from it also.
    5GB/month is not enough to cancel internet service.. lol.
    the ETF is based on the amount of revenue they expect from you as much as it is on the cost of the phone.
    I got my pre plus a couple of weeks ago. I was in the middle of my contract and they allowed me to upgrade to the pre plus early. My contract was only extended a year and I got free mobile hotspot too. Plus the phone itself was only 50! Pretty good deal if you ask me.
    "I guess the thing that's bothering me is their 350.00 early termination fee. I find it sort of odd that the fee is the same for the 50.00 pre plus as it is for the 200.00 Incredible (currently my 2nd choice). It wouldn't surprise me if I eventually discover that I don't use the phone enough to pay for it every month."

I am pretty sure this pro-rates every single month (by some amount $10-20?) so at some point if you want to get out early its not quite as bad... double check though.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    The etf is standard on what are considered advanced smart phones. Initial price has no bearing on this.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks guys.

I'm still deciding.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abbodabbodo View Post
    "I guess the thing that's bothering me is their 350.00 early termination fee. I find it sort of odd that the fee is the same for the 50.00 pre plus as it is for the 200.00 Incredible (currently my 2nd choice). It wouldn't surprise me if I eventually discover that I don't use the phone enough to pay for it every month."

I am pretty sure this pro-rates every single month (by some amount $10-20?) so at some point if you want to get out early its not quite as bad... double check though.
    You have to remember that the Pre Plus is not actually $50, the retail price is >$500. They have ETF's because they subsidize the phone for you, therefore you get a discount of $500 on the phone because you sign a contract. If you leave that contract early, they feel it's their right to collect a higher fee for you since smartphones cost more than feature phones.
    rremember that the $350 is the first month. It gets lower every month.

best network. Besy phone. 30 cancellation if you change your mind. Can trade up phone after 12 months. What's not to love?
    I went into the local VZW Corporate Store (Niles,Oh) purchased the Pre Plus, a clear hard case, a car charger and screen protector for $50.28! All I did was add a line to my Family Share Plan. I know there is a 5GB cap on the mobile hotspot function, but since it's being included with the $29.99 data plan that is needed for this device I couldn't complain.
    Go with Sprint. You can upgrade every 12 months and the ETF is only $200. The phone for the most part is the same and by the time 12 months is up the next WebOS phone will be out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I got my pre plus a couple of weeks ago. I was in the middle of my contract and they allowed me to upgrade to the pre plus early. My contract was only extended a year and I got free mobile hotspot too. Plus the phone itself was only 50! Pretty good deal if you ask me.
    How did you manage to get THAT deal??