1.    #1  
    from all phone sales, Verizon sold only 423K new customers (this includes 2 months of Pre sales). You can now see why Verizon is pushing basic telephone customers to switch to smartphones. They need an easy-to-use smartphone in the lineup, too bad they botched the pre launch.

From AP:
    "...Verizon said Thursday that it signed up a net of just 423,000 customers under contract in the first three months of the year. That was the lowest number in years, and below analyst expectations.

Its chief competitor, AT&T Inc., also reported a relatively low number of contract customers for the first quarter when it reported first-quarter results the day before. But AT&T did somewhat better, signing up 512,000 with help from the iPhone.

The results demonstrate that the engine that has kept the wireless industry booming for more than a decade is now running out of steam, as nearly everyone has a cell phone..."
    full article here: Verizon adds few contract customers in 1Q - Yahoo! News
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I would like to see Sprint's numbers.
    -423000 - 512000 = -935000
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    ..... results demonstrate that the engine that has kept the wireless industry booming for more than a decade is now running out of steam, as nearly everyone has a cell phone..."
    full article here: [url= adds few contract customers in 1Q - Yahoo! News[/url]
    It's also because alot of ppl are going the prepaid route these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    I would like to see Sprint's numbers.
    I believe Sprint is reporting next Wednesday (4/28)
    sprint loses 500k postpaid offset by 1million added on prepaid. Hesse will talk 4g and Evo and hopefully mentions the C40... Anyway stock will skyrocket because sprint is turning the corner. I think we will see something like this. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    -423000 - 512000 = -935000
    LOL... Smarta**
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I can see why they did not sign up many 2 year contracts for the first quarter! Why the hell would you sign a contract for a smartphone with a $350 early termination fee???? Verizon is out of their mind!