Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I took my buddy to V because he had to replace his phone. I took him by Sprint to check out their plans because they're cheaper, but he's the type that only talks on his phone so he didn't need an everything plan, plus he has a "dumb phone" anywa.

So we went to Verizon and I noticed a Pre + on the desk next to the lady that was programming my buddy's new phone. I asked her what she thought of it and she said she loved it, especially the synergy how it combines all your contacts from all diff services. She said she liked the multi tasking and all those things.

I asked her if she would recommend it to potential customers and she said it depends on the type of person and what they want a phone for. She said she would to anybody, but if you like to browse the net, then go with the Droid because it's faster. Then she whispered "it has a dual core processor."

So there you go. Verizon folks are starting to recomment the Pre, but will still try to talk you into a Droid
    it's the same speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    it's the same speed.
    It has the same clock speed but the "actual speed" is based on how efficient the OS is and the Droid wins there because android has had more time to work out things like that
    I have a question. Are people getting commission off selling the Droid? I've seen this type of post again and again, Verizon employees pushing the Droid. I get suspicious when salespeople don't let you try to make your own decision. Unless there's some kind of flaw in the Pre Plus(but user reports say it looks to be better than the original), what's going on?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've heard rumors that Motorola and/or Google has provided some extra monetary incentives to Verizon for pushing the Droid. It's entirely possible, IMO. A couple of weeks ago a friend of my girlfriend had asked me to come with her to the Verizon store to pick out an upgrade. Of course being partial to the Pre, I was directing her toward it. I was in the middle of showing her all the features when a VZ salesman finally came over and instantly started pushing her toward the Droid. He made a big deal out of the difference in hardware quality and how much better the horizontal keyboard was (I tried the keyboard on the Droid and its decent but the flat keys felt strange to me). She wound up feeling conflicted and decided to think it over.

Honestly, I'm not saying this just because I'm a huge webOS fan, I think the Pre is a much easier phone to use than an Android device. Android is very powerful and I do like it, but as far as simplicity goes, webOS is spectacular. I really wish VZ gave it it's due.
    The Droid does NOT have a dual core processor, I'd have corrected her on that right there.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    The Droid does NOT have a dual core processor, I'd have corrected her on that right there.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    Not only does it not a have a dual-core, but both use the same TI OMAP 3430 chip. So they are actually identical... the only difference is the Pre is clocked at 550Mhz whereas the Droid is running at 600Mhz.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I do believe the Pre is actually clocked at 500, hence overclocking kernels.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'd def like to overclock mine.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    If I would've known the have the same processor I would've told her that. I do know that the Pre's processor has been underclocked but didn't feel like bringint that up at that time.

I actually asked if I could get a part time job there and work after my day job ends and on weekends
    Quote Originally Posted by mehigh View Post
    If I would've known the have the same processor I would've told her that. I do know that the Pre's processor has been underclocked but didn't feel like bringint that up at that time.

I actually asked if I could get a part time job there and work after my day job ends and on weekends
    Good idea in that situation to not bring up smarty pant answers like, "Technically, it's the same, but underclocked, and there are overclock patches that make it ridiculously fast, but not so fast that it'll burn a whole thru your hand, because of this temp. monitor patch created by Jason Robitaille."

Radio Shack and Sprint reps hate me because I tell it like it is. Well, actually a lotta people hate me.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I've been running my Pre with the 800MHz patch for almost 2 months now. The improvement in overall performance is wonderful. This is the way the phone should have been from the start. I have one of the original batch phones from launch and have had zero crashes or heat related problems with the patch.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Reps are going to gravitate to the easier sale. It's a lot easier to sell a Droid or a Blackberry than ANY Palm phone. The support provided to the reps for BBs and Androids is overflowing, whereas for the Palm devices it's dismal at best. In addition, why would a rep sell a phone that has to be *patched* for it to run some basic functions, when he could get fired for telling you where to go to *patch* your phone.

As a consumer you need to do your research on the phones and not let the sales person steer you to a particular device.