View Poll Results: Are ya seeing my logic here?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Makes perfect sense to Mate a Sprint device and plan with an Apple product.

11 47.83%
  • I'd just use AT&T and aviod the hassle of carrying multiple devices.

1 4.35%
  • Screw Apple and Android, I'm sticking with whatever Sprint offers.

10 43.48%
  • Something else... I'll explain.

1 4.35%
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I've been bouncing back and forth for a long time in regards to staying with Sprint and moving to ATT for the iPhone. I've been with Sprint for many years and as you all know, you can't really beat the price plans. Coverage, especially the huge roaming footprint is pretty damn good overall.

I've been a Pre user since launch day. I love almost everything about it..etc., but I really do enjoy using the iPhone interface - the silky smoothness, responsiveness etc.. I know someone out there is bashing me..so go ahead and have at it

Bottom line after trying ATT with a 3GS is.... service was notably worse than Sprint. I guess due to how the iPhone handles swapping between Edge and 3G is the primary issue. Soo... Back to Sprint I went.

The Evo is coming with hot spot ability. The iPad comes. I saw Sprints ad for their mobile hot spot tucked away in a Sprint offered iPad pouch with an iPad in it. I thought, that's kinda what I was thinking.

Finally my point....

It seems complete sense for anyone really wanting the iPhone/iPad experience to hang onto Sprint, pick up an Evo and an iPad and you're pretty much set... no?

Again, I'm talking about those of you who would like to use the iPhone/iPad interface...for whatever reason. I really do like WebOS. Hate the hardware... and since I've kinda grown into really enjoying what I'm looking at while I'm using it, I've actually come to like Apples OS. I definitely prefer WebOS to Android, especially when Sense is laid on top of it (HTC just plain takes to long to update their icing on Androids cake when there are Android updates), but this seems like a very nice combo to have.

What do you good folks think?
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hahaha yeah AT&T sucks for plan prices and coverage.

I love WebOS and can't wait for Palm to get some decent hardware to run it. The Apple UI for the iPod/iPhone is undoubtedly smooth and extremely user friendly, but that's been par for the course with Apple for years.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    I think you need to proof read before your post. I hope I understand the point you were attempting to make.
    Personally I would wait a few mos. before you do anything. I thought I read that there is an issue with the wifi and iPad. It should be fixed shortly. Throughout the second half of this year we will see changes to the Cell market like we have not seen in years. 4g is now active and growing. LTE may be a contender. There are several 4G phones hitting the market (6-10). Looks like an Apple and a Palm will be in that group. Apple 4.0 is a baby now. It seems like Palm may have a second phone coming in addition to the 4G. Microsoft's new OS will be out too. The andriod folks are working to get a more consistent OS. Rim will have a new flagship Phone.
    There is much more forthcoming so this is NOT the time to do anything. Like I told my son, wait at least 3 mos.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Proof read what? I made reference to the Evo, which is about 2-3 months off anyway. I highly doubt a CDMA version of the iPhone is coming anytime soon, so again, my question was to those who want the iPhone/iPad experience while staying on Sprint with a good smart phone including native hot-spot capability and adding the other iPxxxx device.
    Well that's all good but you in a forum were the majority are pre and pixie owners and loyal at that and are on sprint . Do you really think talking about i phone here is logical
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blazedg69 View Post
    Well that's all good but you in a forum were the majority are pre and pixie owners and loyal at that and are on sprint . Do you really think talking about i phone here is logical
    Figured this comment would come sooner or later. Am I a Pre owner and WebOS supporter? Yes. Had you read the title to this thread and didn't feel it belonged in the CDMA forum, you should have just kept perusing.

To answer your question - yes. The iPhone, Apple and Android as well as other carriers are mentioned and discussed not only all over these forums, but on the this sites' blog as well... so ya, I think it's perfectly logical and also brings up a point that other people might be pondering as well.
    Well you could just get the iPad and use tethering on your Pre for the moment and then decide on a new phone in the next few months. I for one would not be so quick to jump in bed with a new carrier. Sprint is for the most part the best of both worlds. I've tried others and inevitably I've always come back to sprint.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Well you could just get the iPad and use tethering on your Pre for the moment and then decide on a new phone in the next few months. I for one would not be so quick to jump in bed with a new carrier. Sprint is for the most part the best of both worlds. I've tried others and inevitably I've always come back to sprint.
    Me too and agree with your comment - It's quite interesting how it always winds up this way for me. I'm personally not going to make any hardware upgrades or additions until I see what becomes available this spring or summer. Long story short - I'm out of my contract and paying as a monthly customer with upgrade eligibility, so this is part of where my ideas and thoughts came from. Reality is we have no idea what is going to happen to Palm or what will be offered to us from them on Sprint. Basically I'm trying to keep options open and settle down on hardware that I'm happy with. Staying with Sprint while doing so would be great.
    I totally understand where your coming from. I've gone through 5-6 phones in the last 6 months alone. Mostly due to not being satisfied with the features and usability of each device. The Pre is actually a very good fit for me and unless something comes along in the next few months that really knocks my socks off I don't see myself ditching it anytime soon.

I like what the Evo is working with but unless it comes with a WebOS option it just doesn't cut it for me. Besides I really hate virtual keyboards, my big hands just aren't suited to them.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    I totally understand where your coming from. I've gone through 5-6 phones in the last 6 months alone. Mostly due to not being satisfied with the features and usability of each device. The Pre is actually a very good fit for me and unless something comes along in the next few months that really knocks my socks off I don't see myself ditching it anytime soon.

I like what the Evo is working with but unless it comes with a WebOS option it just doesn't cut it for me. Besides I really hate virtual keyboards, my big hands just aren't suited to them.
    Exactly my sentiments aside the virtual keyboard. I don't really mind them too much. What I can't stand anymore is how slow the Pre can be at times even with it overclocked, and of course the issue of (the lack of) good quality hardware (I've been through nearly ten of them due to various failures). Life moves too fast and I'm tired of waiting. When I used a 3GS I never once *****ed about the device and was happy interacting with it. AT&T...meh. Of course I did miss the (so far) unmatched notification system more than anything else. I don't love Android, but unless Palm gives us something new before the Evo, I will likely wind up with my initial idea of an Evo and an iPad. I'm really hoping Palm doesn't screw up and not have a new device ready to go before the Evo like they did with the Droid (as so stated by Mr. Rubenstein).
    I must have gotten lucky, I haven't had a bit of problem with my phone. With the homebrew apps and patches, it gets better every day.
    I've been with Sprint for many years, have three Blackberries, and am on one of the Everything Family Plus plans. But I have an iPhone for several reasons. One is it is my iPod. Second, I have liftime subscription to XM radio, so I can listen to that at work. It also serves as an eBook reader, and a way to do my eBay, banking, PayPal, etc when I'm out and about. Oh, it's also a back up phone. Many of the things I do with the iPhone can be done with the BB Tour I have, but with one difference. My Tour does not have WiFi whereas the iPhone does. Since my shop/office does not get cell reception so I rely heavily on the WiFi. When the new tour comes out, and if it is as advertised, I may dump my iPhone. But I have to admit, it is a cool device to use.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."