1.    #1  
    I was just curious about others thought on why it's taking longer

I have a few ideas that i have been tossing around

1) They are fixing the Double type
    2) They are fixing the reboot issue
    3) they are adding skype
    4) They are adding NFL
    5) They are attempting to fix the GPS issue (to make it not work at all or to fix)

Any other thoughts on this? If they are trying to get the NFL app and they want it for the Draft we might see it before Apr 22
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Verizon doesn't really have *any* content apps on the Pre+. Unless the delay is for a huge suite of content apps, I don't see them holding up WebOS 1.4.1.1 for a crappy NFL app that they probably didn't even think about writing for WebOS.....
    whatever the reason may be... it's getting on my nerves!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    And mine! It's quite ridiculous and yes, I know that some may say, "Don't be in a rush because it 'broke' this, that or the other" for them on Sprint. However, I have to point out that having the update on the Pre and not on the Plus is causing problems with availability of a few apps and potentially more as developers are trying to fix issues that arise with each update. Radio Time being the first that I noticed this incident with. But I noticed today that DocLee updated it once again and it's back in the 1.4.0 app catalog (Thanks!). This was/is a heavily used app on my Plus and when it went missing I went straight to Palm.

But the fact of the matter is, holding back on this update makes things much harder for developers when problems arise across devices. Then they have to do things like restrict use to the "current platform" (which makes COMPLETE sense to me), which consequently leaves some Palm customers (myself included) penalized by no fault of their own.

I hate Verizon...I miss Alltel very much.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Oops, my apologies. I began a rant and didn't respond appropriately to the point of your post.

For comedy's sake...I will say, the delay is because they are adding some "content" apps or they are 'fixing' the GPS issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I was just curious about others thought on why it's taking longer

I have a few ideas that i have been tossing around

1) They are fixing the Double type
    2) They are fixing the reboot issue
    3) they are adding skype
    4) They are adding NFL
    5) They are attempting to fix the GPS issue (to make it not work at all or to fix)

Any other thoughts on this? If they are trying to get the NFL app and they want it for the Draft we might see it before Apr 22
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I hate Verizon...I miss Alltel very much.
    Agreed! I've actually been moved twice now.

Midwest-Wireless -> Alltel
    Alltel -> Verizon.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Cannot agree more.. The GPS issue and the lack of updates on the 1.4.1 upgrade are bothering me a lot. I love the webOS, but I am within the 30 day period... 10 more days to go.... If I don't get any update, I might as well return it and look for an alternative....
    Seems like 1.4.2 is round the corner, already being pushed down to AT&T units. It could mean Verizon is going straight to that. Just like Bell passed on 1.3.5 and went straight to 1.3.5.1.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2392756
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    If I don't get nfl within my 30 days I'm moving on. pixi. but I love mobile hotspot. works great!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Agreed! I've actually been moved twice now.

Midwest-Wireless -> Alltel
    Alltel -> Verizon.

Thank god I could keep my Alltel contract pricing! Verizon plans are spendy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Seems like 1.4.2 is round the corner, already being pushed down to AT&T units. It could mean Verizon is going straight to that. Just like Bell passed on 1.3.5 and went straight to 1.3.5.1.

Hopefully they do that..
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

interesting thoughts
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?