1.    #1  
    First the BOGO

Then the large discounts

then the MHS

now the early upgrade program.

Can this be just for clearing the inventory? Seems to be too much just to sell phones.

amazed palm has this pull on the big red. They are certainly stepping up oto the plate (not saying the same for the employees)

Could it be because Palm is offering their next big product on the Big Red?
    it's to sell phones and draw in customers to their service didn't you see the DROID commercials or any other cell phone commercial?
    It's because Verizon cannot move Palm inventory without giving away all these deals..

BOGO
    LOW PRICES
    Free Mobile Hot Spot...

Verizon is giving away the kitchen sink just to move these damn things, and nothing is working....Albeit Free Mobile Hotspot was just released.

Sprint doesnt seem pressured to lower the Pre from its current pricing....and Sprint has a lesser feature packed Pre...wonder why Sprint is moving inventory on PALM products better than Verizon????? it's a mistery!
    Verizon is making a lot of changes lately. I got a notice that my "grandfathered" 15% discount from Alltel has been increased to 20% now. Offering more employer discounts, seems to me they are trying to make themselves as competitive as possible. This includes all the BOGO free offers that include other phones and not just the webOS phones.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  5. MJZ
    Verizon needs to fix the damn GPS bug on Google Maps. ARG>
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Besides possible inventory overstock...VZ wants to move to a data pricing structure vs. per minute plans......what better way to do that than get a bunch of people hooked on a data needed device and hope they cant live without all those features when they force the new pricing plans down the road...........IMOP of course
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    First the BOGO

Then the large discounts

then the MHS

now the early upgrade program.

Can this be just for clearing the inventory? Seems to be too much just to sell phones.

amazed palm has this pull on the big red. They are certainly stepping up oto the plate (not saying the same for the employees)

Could it be because Palm is offering their next big product on the Big Red?
    I doubt Palm has anything to do with it. Once the phones are in VZ inventory, it is up to VZ to move them out. I'm sure Palm hopes they will order more, but at these prices - VZ is taking a bath. I can't imagine them ordering more.

Palm could well be horrified by this because it will drive down the price and profitability for AT&T when they launch. Since AT&T has iPhone and Nexxus, getting mindshare from AT&T reps will be hard to do if there is no money and spotty user interest...

Hopefully I am wrong, and VZ is seeing that the Pre is driving lots of user upgrades to profitable data plans and lots of new customers switching to VZ because of these great deals... I sure hope that's the case...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Don't care why they are doing the promo, I'm just happy they did. Proud new Pre Plus owner
    of course I think sprints moving more inventory still is because ultimatly the plans are cheaper, and when you think of Palm you think sprint first. I really hope that HTC is in Palm's future to either aquire, and or help them develop hardware to compete.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    verizon spent 100 million on droid advertising to get ppl on data plans to make up that marketing budget. If these pre promos get ppl on data plans, verizon will still make up their losses and profit.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2354234

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm thinking more like trying to get more people to be locked in to 2 years, since they are losing exclusivity.

If they want to purge stock, why not drop the no contract price as well?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  12. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Dunno why Verizon is doing it, but I hope this means more Pre and Pixi users.