Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    I think things are about line up for sprint to over take AT&T and become the #2 service provider in the US. Here are my reasons:
    1) Verizon is getting the iphone this fall. This will cause a lot of AT&T subscribers to jump ship and going to Verizon.
    2) If Sprint doesn't charge more than 300 dollars for the HTC Evo 4G a larger number of phone enthusiastic's will want to try sprint just for this, first of it's kind, phone.
    3) If Sprint keeps its data plans the way they are for 4G/3G they will be only one of the top 4 company's to allow truly unlimited data usage while on 4G.
    4) Sprint just changed their 30 day trial offer program to allow people to try Sprint with having truly nothing to lose.
    5) This one is kind of wishful thinking but since Apple is making a CDMA variant of the iphone and have recently put out ads looking for people to work on 4G technology I think they could be making a 4G WiMax iphone for Sprint.
    If all or most of these things happen is the next few months Sprint could start gaining customers again and maybe pass up AT&T. What do you guys think?
  2. #2  
    I think it sounds probable, but who really knows. Sprint right now has the most promising line up of phones in the near future so hopefully this will help them get noticed more.
  3. #3  
    Its sounds crazy... so crazy... it just might work xD....
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    Its sounds crazy... so crazy... it just might work xD....
    what he said
  5. #5  
    If the majority of people were willing to switch carriers, this would happen. However among the people I know everyone likes to stick to their carrier.. Unfortunately I am on my parents plan and they refuse to move from verizon
  6. Raymondd's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by shahm0nsterr View Post
    Unfortunately I am on my parents plan and they refuse to move from verizon
    you make it sound like being on verizon is a bad thing. verizon is the best US carrier.. lol.

    anyways, i doubt sprint will be #2 any time in the future. one "4G" phone and verizon getting the iPhone will not cause millions of people to switch carriers.
  7. Helidos's Avatar
    Posts
    791 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondd View Post
    you make it sound like being on verizon is a bad thing. verizon is the best US carrier.. lol.
    Hmmm

    Paying more for less is bad.. Vz
    Paying less for more is awesome.. Sprint

    Damn near the same coverage on both and nether out does the other in my area.. And Sprints dropping 4g in the town south of me, xing fingers they expand it in my town soon after.

    So sprint is the best US carrier for me and that's what matters..
  8. kld2009's Avatar
    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #8  
    Now if Sprint gets iPhone & more 4G phones.........
  9. #9  
    Sprint will need to pick a Us Cellular or Metro PCS to catch ATT and Verizon....Keep in mind both of these Goliaths grew so by also eating up alot of the small rural companies...Not just by people walking thru their front doors.
  10. #10  
    Some how, Sprint has to overcome their bad rap (totally deserved) that is associated with their name. Last fall I was showing my sister and her husband my new Pre and they were telling me how cool it was but there is no way they could ever go with Sprint, that Verizon was ITO, the best carrier out there and that justified the much higher monthly fee. Guess what, they are on Sprint now and they are telling me how happy they are now and they will be saving 800 dollars savings a year.
  11.    #11  
    Don't get me wrong i think this is pretty crazy but i have been talking to many iphone users and they are just waiting to switch to any carrier other than AT&T. Also most of the people I talk to about the HTC Evo aren't freaking out about it because of the 4G its because of how HTC put every feature that some one could want in a phone in it. I think that if Sprint can do a good job advertising it, this could happen. But anyway I was just thinking about this and wanted to see what other people thought about it.
  12. #12  
    Interesting. I would be in full agreement if the Walmart/Spint/Clear 4G deal goes through and the "smart phone user voted #1 smart phone came out in a new hardware design and had 4G. Then it would be a slam dunk done deal.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  13. Chris4434's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #13  
    Sprint will never get out of the hole until they fix their crappy coverage and bad CS. It seems to me like everyone who argues in Sprint's favor always focuses around price and that argument only goes so far. It's not like Sprint is half the price of everyone else... for most people they are $30-40 a month cheaper which is an insignificant difference. Obviously people don't care how cheap Sprint is.. because they have been bleeding customers for years while Verizon, AT&T and even T-Mobile continue gaining customers.
    I would much rather pay a little extra for Verizon's EXCELLENT coverage, massive 3G network, and better CS.... instead of saving an insignificant $30-$40 a month and getting a swiss cheese native network with more roaming coverage than native... a MUCH smaller 3G network.. and generally sub par CS.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I did see that I'm just wondering how long till a WiMaxx version comes out that would basically eliminate the need for cable internet all together!
  15. #16  
    The HTC Evo is a complete game changer for Sprint. Think about their current phone lineup. The only ones that stick out has special WERE the Palm Pre/Pixi's. Now the other major carriers have them. Yes that is good for Palm, but poor Sprint is not going to get those customers. The Evo will grab all those tech hounds that ran through the door for the Droid, only to get rid of it quickly after they hated something about it. The Evo is not a hodge podge of things people want. It is a phone that will rival the iPhone has far as features go, much better cam and processor, apps from android, and it's got a sweet version of Sense UI on it. I am in no way calling the Evo an iPhone killer. You can't kill the iPhone because of iTunes. Google, Palm, or RIM have to come up with a similar type of software that can do what iTunes does to kill any Apple product. iTunes is why the iPhone is still number one, not the phone itself.

    I hate to admit it, but my upgrade is coming up this summer and the Evo is for me, unless Palm can drop another flag ship by then. I love WebOS, but the Pre is killing this OS. You can argue how great the Pre is all you want, in the end it is what the public wants, and thats not a Pre. Pre guts in an Evo form, or Pixi form would be much appreciated.

    The Evo will probably add at least 20% more customers to the Sprint rosters, IMHO.
  16. Hook_em's Avatar
    Posts
    123 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    Sprint will never get out of the hole until they fix their crappy coverage and bad CS. It seems to me like everyone who argues in Sprint's favor always focuses around price and that argument only goes so far. It's not like Sprint is half the price of everyone else... for most people they are $30-40 a month cheaper which is an insignificant difference. Obviously people don't care how cheap Sprint is.. because they have been bleeding customers for years while Verizon, AT&T and even T-Mobile continue gaining customers.
    I would much rather pay a little extra for Verizon's EXCELLENT coverage, massive 3G network, and better CS.... instead of saving an insignificant $30-$40 a month and getting a swiss cheese native network with more roaming coverage than native... a MUCH smaller 3G network.. and generally sub par CS.
    your argument is null on its face. Sprint has taken leaps and bounds in fixing CS, which they knew sucked. Of the people I have asked, they are happy with Sprint's CS, and I would venture a conjecture that a majority of Sprint customers would agree. Sure there are some bad apples in CS, but every company has them.

    YES -- Verizon has the best service in the country. From what I was told, CDMA is a very expensive technology to implement (compared to GSM), which is why VZW's plans are so high. However, Sprint roams on VZW's towers, and vice versa, when necessary. However, of course, Sprint can't advertise this.


    IMO, it makes more sense for the iPhone to come to Sprint -- if Sprint can fork over the cash to get some sort of head-start on the CDMA iPhone market. Imagine -- a 4g capable iPhone that could be used on a 4g network as soon as it is released. Couple that with Sprint's current pricing (assuming the pricing would stay the same), not only would AT&T iPhone users exodus over to Sprint, but they would save money and solidify the iPhone into the 4g market.

    Personally, I think the new 4g HTC phone will flop. It will do moderately well at first, but once the honeymoon is over, it's going to be entirely irrelevant.

    It makes PERFECT sense for Apple to seize the 4g market ASAP, and the carrier prepared to supply the necessary service requirements to make that happen is Sprint. Think about it -- with AT&T's 4g coverage a few years away, and Sprint rolling out 4g coverage to potentially 120 million Americans by the end of 2010, a 4g iPhone released on Sprint within the next half year will not only make the new HTC 4g phone irrelevant, it will make EVERY OTHER 4g phone, for the most part, irrelevant

    just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth

    although the above situation is ideal, I think VZW has deeper pockets to secure some sort of Apple exclusivity deal for the iPhone. Plus, with more expensive plans and the potential to tap into the VZW blackberry corporate market share, Apple would hit a gold mine.
  17. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    Sprint will never get out of the hole until they fix their crappy coverage and bad CS. It seems to me like everyone who argues in Sprint's favor always focuses around price and that argument only goes so far. It's not like Sprint is half the price of everyone else... for most people they are $30-40 a month cheaper which is an insignificant difference. Obviously people don't care how cheap Sprint is.. because they have been bleeding customers for years while Verizon, AT&T and even T-Mobile continue gaining customers.
    I would much rather pay a little extra for Verizon's EXCELLENT coverage, massive 3G network, and better CS.... instead of saving an insignificant $30-$40 a month and getting a swiss cheese native network with more roaming coverage than native... a MUCH smaller 3G network.. and generally sub par CS.
    Grrr, interestingly put, because every time someone talks about Verizon its "I have the worlds greatest coverage". Sprint has been nothing but cordial to me, their customer service has been spot on each and every time (all of the 3 times I've had to deal with them). I'm a techie so I know everything about any phone I buy before I actually purchase it, but when buying my Pre I was offered accurate and what would have been very helpful information unsolicited. So lets please lose the customer service bit...how many times do people friggin call into customer service anyway? It has been documented that verizon dropped the ball immensely with Palm...CR's force the Droid to everyone and spend hours activating Pre's. Wheres the customer service in that?

    Irrespective of service, up until recently Verizon wouldn't even offer a competitive price for messaging. They're screwing people three kinds of ways, and no one cares. They remind me of Apple. Price isn't everything but for me personally, but I sure don't like getting taken.

    My bro in law went and got a Verizon phone prior to the Pre launch because he had heard so much about Sprint. I went to visit him for an extended visit last month and my Sprint Pre had the same signal as he did. I'm not arrogant enough to say that Verizon is unequivocally better for everyone. But it sure does the job for me in semi-rural West Virginia, Little Rock Ark, Atlanta Ga, rural Ohio, and rural Kentucky.
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris4434 View Post
    Sprint will never get out of the hole until they fix their crappy coverage and bad CS. It seems to me like everyone who argues in Sprint's favor always focuses around price and that argument only goes so far. It's not like Sprint is half the price of everyone else... for most people they are $30-40 a month cheaper which is an insignificant difference. Obviously people don't care how cheap Sprint is.. because they have been bleeding customers for years while Verizon, AT&T and even T-Mobile continue gaining customers.
    I would much rather pay a little extra for Verizon's EXCELLENT coverage, massive 3G network, and better CS.... instead of saving an insignificant $30-$40 a month and getting a swiss cheese native network with more roaming coverage than native... a MUCH smaller 3G network.. and generally sub par CS.
    30-40 dollars a month cheaper is insignificant? Man, I wish I had your money... I'd say that kind of savings per month for most people, including myself, is pretty darned significant.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    Its sounds crazy... so crazy... it just might work xD....
    hahahah...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions