1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I have two lines on a Sprint family plan with Sprint Premier.

Line 1 has been around since late 2008. I claimed its annual premier upgrade in the fall of 2009, and it obviously has another upgrade due at the end of 2010.

Line 2 has been around since the middle of 2009. It isn't eligible for upgrade until the middle of 2011.

Now, in order to qualify for an annual upgrade you seemingly just need to have a given line as the primary for 3 months. So could I switch Line 2 to become the primary, and then three months from now claim an annual upgrade? And then make Line 1 primary again, and get an annual upgrade for it at the end of 2010?
    I tried to go online and change my primary line, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. About a year ago I changed the primary line, but Sprint is changing their website at the present time, so maybe the option will return.
    Yup... theoretically, that's how it works.

If you didn't have a plan that required an Everything Data plan, you could switch to the Talk 450 plan for $40/mo after you get a phone, wait 9 months, then switch to the ED450 plan at $70/mo for 3 months.... then you'd be Sprint Premier and eligible for "new customer pricing" after only 12 months. Repeat every year.

But yea, not sure how you can change the primary line with the site the way it is... or if you could even do it from the site before...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I switched the primary line from mine to my wife's last December to get her an early upgrade for a Pixi. Now I'd like to switch it back to mine for whatever new webOS phone might come out this year. I'm wondering if that is possible or not.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Sprint incorrectly selected one of my lines when we were enrolled in the program. I had to call customer service to change the line to mine (greedy, I know) and they indicated they would only do this once. That's what they said but who knows. Either way you currently must call customer service to do this.
    Dan