1.    #1  
    Okay, here's the deal... I've been with Sprint for 10+ years and am happy with their service.

I currently have a Treo 800W and a 700P with Sprint's Free & Clear Family Plan - 1000 Anytime Minutes and pay $80 per month AFTER taxes.

I am currently still under contract. If I upgraded both phones to the Palm Pre, there's no way they would allow me to stay in my current plan and price, right?

Realistically, what am I looking at paying if I get the two Pre's?

Any suggestions on how I could get a discount on the monthly plan, should I decide to go with the Pre's, would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
    $129.99 for two Pre's, plus whatever discounts you are available for.

http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...0&select_0.y=9
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 04/02/2010 at 06:11 PM.
    you are gonna want that unlimited data plan that is why you need it for the pre cause it goes on the internet with out your permission to update itself a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    you are gonna want that unlimited data plan that is why you need it for the pre cause it goes on the internet with out your permission to update itself a lot
    Not true, generally unless an update is very necessary they ask as long as a week before automatically updating.

But a data plan is needed to activate the phone. Afterwards if you don't use data you could theoretically just use WiFi for everything and remove that part of the plan.
  5.    #5  
    Do any of you have 2 Pre's with Sprint? What are you paying, if you don't mind me asking per month, after taxes?

Like I said, I am paying $80 per month after taxes... I just can't justify going to $129+
    I have 3 Pre's on my plan and it's 139.98 plus taxes. Yeah, back in the summer, a lot of people were complaining about the extra cost to move up to the Pre, me, I came from Verizon and saved almost 50 dollars a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Not true, generally unless an update is very necessary they ask as long as a week before automatically updating.

But a data plan is needed to activate the phone. Afterwards if you don't use data you could theoretically just use WiFi for everything and remove that part of the plan.
    I was talking about from an syrenergy point of view if he was interested in that.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Try to find a discount like this. (Website ALIVE) 25% Sprint Discount on Sprint and Nextel Service YMMV - SlickDeals.net Forums I have a 25% discount from having Alliant Credit Union as a bank (they changed it to 10% now for new customers though). I currently have my wife and I on the $130 plan which is only $97.50 after the discount. Thats really not that bad since you will get Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV (if you use it). My parents were on two individual $30 Sero plans and I recently sold their plans online for $75 each and added them to my plan ($20 extra per line, only $15 after the discount). For 4 lines with insurance it is $175-180.

Just remember that if you end up switching to the Pre you can sell your Sero plan online and do a transfer of liability so the person buying the plan takes ownership of your line. The only bad thing is you lose your number. Just something to think about.
    I pay $120 (including taxes and fees) a month for 2 lines with 1500 minutes to share, unlimited data and text, free nights starting 7pm and weekends and unlimited calling to ANY cellphones (not just sprint).. On average we use 50 mins of the 1500 mostly because of the unlimited to any cell.