Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I noticed the other day I was a premier customer but I'm not sure what qualifies me. I've been on sprint since August, I have a family plan and a business discount. I was just curious, any ideas?
    If you have any unlimited data plan, then you are. Including the 450 mobile to mobile unlimited data and the $99 everything unlimited, all pree and pixi owners are sprint premier
    Last edited by Menace187; 03/31/2010 at 07:03 PM.
    Sprint Premier is for customers that have been with Sprint for 10years. You get your new phone discount once a year instead of every 2yrs and a few other perks that I've never paid attention to. For me, its all about the once a year phone upgrades.
    I only been with sprint for a year and a half and I'm Premier along with a lot of other members Sprint | Premier
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Looks like your both right, that link says you need to either have an individual plan of $69.99 or family plan of $99.99 a month or be a customer for at least 10 years.
    kind of a joke really, I have been with Sprint for 10 years $170 per month 2 lines, and only Premier? I think that if you have been with Sprint for more than 5 years you should have the option to get the new phones before the release date.

After 10 years you should be able to get a new phone before it has even been thought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by aezrilov View Post
    kind of a joke really, I have been with Sprint for 10 years $170 per month 2 lines, and only Premier? I think that if you have been with Sprint for more than 5 years you should have the option to get the new phones before the release date.

After 10 years you should be able to get a new phone before it has even been thought up.
    I agree 100%, after 10 years you should be Premier Gold and get certain avantages.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation

10 years? Sprint should name a phone after you.
    There is no longer a 10 year requirement. It is all about the cost of your plan, and the type of plan that you have. I've been a premier customer since I went on the Everything Family Plus package about 18 months ago, and I've only been with Sprint for just over 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithnet View Post
    Sprint Premier is for customers that have been with Sprint for 10years. You get your new phone discount once a year instead of every 2yrs and a few other perks that I've never paid attention to. For me, its all about the once a year phone upgrades.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Wow so much misinformation...

There are three ways to become a premier customer:

1. Be a Sprint customer for 10+ years
    2. Be on an individual plan $69.99+/mo.
    3. Be on a family plan $99.99+/mo.

With family plans, only the primary line gets the early upgrade. Prices are before any NVP discounts you may have from where you work. Prices are also for the base plan only. Additions such as TEP, early Nights and Weekends, etc. are not counted toward qualification.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mscemt View Post
    I noticed the other day I was a premier customer but I'm not sure what qualifies me. I've been on sprint since August, I have a family plan and a business discount. I was just curious, any ideas?
    3-month consecutive average of $69.99 on a single line or $99.99 on a shared line or 10 yrs i think..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol

they actually will sell u a new phone usually 3days to 1day before launch, under the preimer page on sprint.com there are options to be notified about.

u also get a $5 credit or free ringer on anniversary date, lame but nice its something.

i have been with sprint since 99 so i completely understand. been callin in once a month pushing for a 900minute family everything plan.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Ya this is pretty wack for true loyal customers.
    It's cool that most everyone can get a new phone once a year just by having a plan that all Pre owners and most Sprint users in general have (69.99+/mo) but why this gets one Premier status seems a bit unfair.
    Then again, I do get a $5 discount once a year as an additional perk.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    From what I can tell most if not all pre owners are premier customers. I wonder if every year there will be a mass exodus to the newest phone.

On a side note is there a downside for premier customers upgrading early? I'm not very familiar with the whole process.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    why this gets one Premier status seems a bit unfair.
    Sprint makes more money when you have a more expensive plan, so they give you a few extra benefits. Nothing unfair about that.