View Poll Results: Did the product placement marketing on "24" incluence your Sprint purchase?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I got the Pre, Instinct (or another phone) because i saw that Jack had it.

3 17.65%
  • No, but its nice to see.

10 58.82%
  • Don't care...

4 23.53%
  • Nope, don't like Sprint.

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    The 24 series is coming to an end, because of a 16+% downturn in ratings. The show is a major sponsoring tool to Sprint. We need to save it and help Sprint not lose a superb marketing asset. Please turn your Satellite/Cable receivers to the FOX channel on 9PM every Monday. You don't have to watch it, but in the living room or bedroom set your receiver to "Auto-tune" or record, then delete the show in order to support it. And keep it going. If ratings pick up, the show will keep on going.

Thanks.
    I watch 24, and I have a Sprint Pre... one has nothing at all to do with the other.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    The producers of the show aren't all that sad its going away from Fox. There has always been a 24 movie planned for when the series ended and NBC is rumored to be interested in a spin off with Freddie Prinze as the main character.
    It will be depressing when the television program 24 ends, although the same drama over and over with the same character does get a bit old. I do enjoy seeing Sprint phones, included the Palm Pre, but can't say that has anything to do with me wanting or purchasing from Sprint. In fact, since I've added the one Palm Pre to our family plan, the per month price has gone up 30% (and in a recession another $50/mo or $600/yr is enough to get me seriously looking around when my contract is up -- both hardware and carrier).

Quote Originally Posted by RichC View Post
    It will be depressing when the television program 24 ends, although the same drama over and over with the same character does get a bit old. I do enjoy seeing Sprint phones, included the Palm Pre, but can't say that has anything to do with me wanting or purchasing from Sprint. In fact, since I've added the one Palm Pre to our family plan, the per month price has gone up 30% (and in a recession another $50/mo or $600/yr is enough to get me seriously looking around when my contract is up -- both hardware and carrier).

Good luck finding unlimited data, text and gps on any other carrier for less. Sprint is by far the cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    Good luck finding unlimited data, text and gps on any other carrier for less. Sprint is by far the cheapest.
    Hopefully by that time everyone will be competing for the smartphone business and the "all inclusive plans" will be tweakable for each phone on a plan. Back with the Palm Treo and couple of Centros there wasn't an issue. At that time it was easy to add a couple phones that were just used for occasional calls which was why I added them. Since upgrading only my phone to the Palm Pre those extra light us lines doubled in price, not to mention that the "Everything Data" increase requirement when owning a Palm Pre also upped the bill. At some point even gadget lovers are going to have to decide if the feature are really worth that many dollar each year.
    24's time is up. They've done pretty much every escalation possible (and it was arguably at its best when things were more personal in S1 anyway), and have run out of ideas, as evidenced by yet another mole.

I'll still keep watching this season, but it needs to go out peacefully.