1.    #1  

Here and there I like to try out different SprintTV packages. I noticed though, that the Live TV option isn't offered in the same way anymore. You still get some Live content, but it's mainly news. The Live channels like Discovery are gone. Is Sprint going to start offering a better streaming TV service and that is why it's no longer being offered. Or is it because people were using too much of it?

I know some people don't like streaming TV, but I do. The screen isn't so small when you put the phone close to your face. And Sprint's MobiTV works just as well as MediaFLO; on a strong EV-DO signal.

So what happen to the Live TV content?

Last edited by the2ndflood; 03/27/2010 at 12:44 AM.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

I personally do no know myself i was wondering the same to be honest its been rather useless theres a progie called spb tv. That works a lot better not much more but its free and works pretty good give it a try. Good luck i hope to get a better answer for that to.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by first_adam2k View Post
    I personally do no know myself i was wondering the same to be honest its been rather useless theres a progie called spb tv. That works a lot better not much more but its free and works pretty good give it a try. Good luck i hope to get a better answer for that to.
    I do have the SPB TV app, and it does work well. It's just that the app is still being worked on; so it doesn't offer the quality and channels of SprintTV.

I mostly want cnbc but don't feel like paying for it - does anyone? how is it?
    I wish they could get mobitv to work in classic then I would need several batteries.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I wish they could get mobitv to work in classic then I would need several batteries.

I had and still might have the older MobiTV for the PalmOS. The quality was horrible though.
    I did notice there is a few other Live SprintTV channels, but they are not the main channels I like. The only Live stations I would watch with this current package is MSNBC; for some of the polictal shows, and CNBC; for shows like Amercian Greed, Biography and sometimes that show Closing Bell (Because That Host Maria Bartiromo Is HOT!). Overall though; I wouldn't be watching those shows all of the time. And the political shows like Rachel Maddow and Keith Oldermann are on Sprint's On-Demand TV package, that comes with my Simply Everything 500 plan. So why would I pay an extra $10 per-month for the ability to watch those shows live?

I hope Sprint has removed these channels because they plan on offering something else. Because as it is now, both Verizon and AT&T have larger TV-Packages. Well at least last time I was using their services. Nither one though offered StreamTV. Just MediaFLO.

hmm...just a random thought that crossed my mind...sprint has a big announcement scheduled for wednesday (per other threads)...sprint tv has been messed with...you think they may open up sprint tv to all plans without a fee?
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    I mostly want cnbc but don't feel like paying for it - does anyone? how is it?
    Well, paying $10 per month isn't a joy, but I think the Xtra plan is worth it. You get a number of live channels (including CNBC), and they've brought back clips from Comedy Central, including of course Colbert and the Daily Show....that alone is worth it!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  9.    #9  
    Yeah but with Verizon and AT&T you would get clips from pretty much every channel with the old basic $15 Media plans. You have to pay extra for that content with Sprint, and for some reason Sprint doesn't offer Adult Swim or Fox Cartoons. Now I know Verizon's prices have changed; so their TV-Clip plans are not all that great anymore. But Sprint had the advantage with their large list of Streaming TV channels; which our now gone for some reason.

I know Sprint is planning on some new features, I just don't know if any of thoese new features deal with TV.

It would be nice though.