Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    So I canceled my Sprint account because of them changing the regulatory fees on my account and I was supposed to be able to do it without an ETF. They are trying to charge the ETF but say they will remove it.

The bad news is: Today I found out that because I canceled 3 days into my new billing cycle (instead of before the new billing cycle) that I'm being charged for the whole month's service even though I only used 3 days out of that month. ! I thought it was going to be prorated!

The supervisor I talked to quoted these Terms Of Service:

"Porting/Transferring Phone Numbers
    We don’t guarantee that number transfers to or from us will be successful. If you authorize another carrier to transfer a number away from us, that is considered a request by you to us to terminate all of the Services associated with that number. You’re responsible for all charges billed or incurred prior to deactivation and for any applicable Early Termination Fees."

Anyone know how to get the final bill prorated?
    Last edited by PreMium; 03/26/2010 at 07:43 PM.
    wow that sucks

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  3. GFS
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    you've already cancelled, so they aren't going to work with you, unfortunately.
    Tell them to do what you want or you're walking!
    lol you could tell them to stick it but that would not profit you much. lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you should not be charged for the whole month. That is sprint trying to take advantage. It says right above that you are responsible for charges prior to deactivation. If they are charging for the whole month, then that would be after deactivation charges. I would fight it.
    Better Business Bureau?
    You signed the contract though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GFS View Post
    you've already cancelled, so they aren't going to work with you, unfortunately.
    Well hopefully that won't be the case. When I cancelled with at&t (then cingular) a couple years ago they did the same thing and charged me the full etf and a full months service when I cancelled with them about 2 months before my contract was up and about a week into my monthly cycle. I called cs to see about getting that months service prorated (figured the eft would be a lost cause) and to my surprise the rep not only prorated the monthly service but also waived my etf because I was pretty close to the cuttoff date (I was having money problems back then and the rep also noticed that I had been paying my bills late and in installments).

After she took care of everything she told me keep cingular in mind in the future. And guess what, after about a year and a half of using Sprint, I didn't need as big a plan anymore and went right back cingular first chance I got (they changed text message pricing and was able to cancell without etf) and have been a satisified at&t customer since.

So just because he has already cancelled doesn't mean they should just try to get as much money from him on the way out, if they treat him right and he leaves with a good feeling about the company, he is more likely to come back.
    .... and this is posted in the Pre Forum because....?????????
    <<moved>>
    Just call me Berd.