Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    We were just told during our weekly meeting that Sprint Marketing will be making a big announcement on Wednesday of next week and that our meeting date will change. The only reason I bring this up is that this is highly unusual, which means that this must be a pretty big deal. The last time they did this they announced Any Mobile, Anytime. This could mean some awesome changes coming down the road. Of course it could be some promotional mumbo jumbo.

Any other Sprint reps hear something similar? Or am I just whistlin' dixie?

Let's hear some theories!
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    4g pricing is my guess
    4g pricing wouldn't make sense only because it isn't close enough to the release. However, I haven't gone to my local Sprint store because I don't support people who don't support me, so I have no inside info on that.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    4g pricing wouldn't make sense only because it isn't close enough to the release.
    Agreed. Too soon after the EVO announcement, too. If they had it, they would have provided it with the phone announcement. Also not likely another hardware announcement.

My guess would be a change to the pricing plans. They've had this set of plans for a while and are due for a shake-up.
    Dan Hesse said at his press conference that 4g would be included in the rate plans with no additional fees.
    My fingers are crossed for the Palm Pre Plus, my contract with verizon ends on that Friday, and I'm switching to Sprint, I would be ecstatic if I could get the Plus on Sprint!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I guess my hopes are too high by saying they'll announce the Pre2 or c40 next week :-/
    Sprint Palm Pre running....
    Theme: PreRed
    Patches: Overclocked at 800MHz! 4x4 Icons v3, Battery Icon as Percent, Device Menu Megamix, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Increase Font Size 17, Show App Details, Show Download Count, Video Downloads
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kholdstare622 View Post
    My fingers are crossed for the Palm Pre Plus, my contract with verizon ends on that Friday, and I'm switching to Sprint, I would be ecstatic if I could get the Plus on Sprint!
    Pre plus will never see the light of day on Sprint. Like Jay-Z said, we on to the next one. Pre2 coming soon, its just nobody knows when lol
    Sprint Palm Pre running....
    Theme: PreRed
    Patches: Overclocked at 800MHz! 4x4 Icons v3, Battery Icon as Percent, Device Menu Megamix, Enable Add/Delete Pages, Increase Font Size 17, Show App Details, Show Download Count, Video Downloads
    Hope you right man, because I'm holding on to a dream, so not to go to the EVO. I don't care the name of the product, as long as Palm comes out with a major, hardware, upgrade.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I really don't see us announcing new hardware considering this will be an internal announcement. Makes no sense to launch a new device to employees only. I'm figuring it will have to do with either pricing plans, policy changes, or corporate adjustments.
    --
    to the OP keep us posted on this i wanna know lol
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    to the OP keep us posted on this i wanna know lol
    Sure will, but don't get super excited. As I said I predict rate plan changes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    Hope you right man, because I'm holding on to a dream, so not to go to the EVO. I don't care the name of the product, as long as Palm comes out with a major, hardware, upgrade.
    did you get the 800mz patch? T seeles like a new phone!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Just like AT&T probably the big announcement is that Sprint is dropping off some of the employees' health care benefits and turning it over to Medicare in order to cut cost as they will be affected by new taxes brought in by the Obamacare.
    perhaps the announcement has something to do with this http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...gh-google.html
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Just like AT&T probably the big announcement is that Sprint is dropping off some of the employees' health care benefits and turning it over to Medicare in order to cut cost as they will be affected by new taxes brought in by the Obamacare.
    This is the marketing department, not Human Resources. Doubt it has to do with healthcare changes.
    --
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    perhaps the announcement has something to do with this http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...gh-google.html
    It's possible but they didn't do this before the EVO, Hero, or Pre launches. Plus if we are selling it in store it should be business as usual procedures.

Another tidbit to think about: the announcement is being made on the 31st meaning whatever they are announcing will change as of April 1st. Otherwise they'd wait till the normal Friday meeting times.
    --
    nobody think it may be the mysterious "Elan" phone mentioned earlier this year ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postalUT View Post
    Another tidbit to think about: the announcement is being made on the 31st meaning whatever they are announcing will change as of April 1st.
    ...or it *needs* to be announced by the end of a calendar quarter for shareholder reasons. Another round of layoffs? Dropping their NASCAR title sponsorship for 2011?
    iPhone exclusivity with ATT ending, perhaps this summer?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast