Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    4g pricing wouldn't make sense only because it isn't close enough to the release.
    WiMAX is out now in several markets. Sprint has 4G data cards as well as Overdrive, a 3G/4G/Wifi mifi router. The good news is that pricing for 4G is the same as 3G data cards - $60/month. I'd expect 4G data for phones won't cost more than 3G but they may start putting more strict limits on 3G.

Perhaps the announcement will be a WiMAX iPhone. Apple has been dabbling with the CDMA prototypes for a long time so probably dabbled with WiMAX too.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 03/30/2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    wal-mart + wimax = 78% US coverage by june 2011.

just sayin'
    +1 except the time permits and to get towers up.
    I have been telling you all this one since I became a member here. For over a year now Sprint, Clearwire and the the rest of the Clear group of companies have been in talks with Walmart. If this deal is done then it will be BIG. VERY BIG. With Walmart part of this, we could see 4g being a standard over 3g in 1-1/2 years.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Two options for Everything plans...

Everything Data - Same as before (unlimited messaging/internet/anymobile anytime)

Everything Data Plus - unlimited messaging/internet/anymobile anytime and for 20 bucks per month per line.... tethering on select phones.

This will be the EVO plan when it comes out.

(speculation... we'll see)
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    It's wednesday!!!!!! Keep us informed!!!! Ladies and gentlemen no more bets... Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Two options for Everything plans...

Everything Data - Same as before (unlimited messaging/internet/anymobile anytime)

Everything Data Plus - unlimited messaging/internet/anymobile anytime and for 20 bucks per month per line.... tethering on select phones.

This will be the EVO plan when it comes out.

(speculation... we'll see)

Well I hope your speculation could include the Pre in this group of "tethering on select phones"
    I'd cancel my Sprint Mobile Broadband and switch my phone plan to the Everything Data Plus. I can already wifi and usb tether now if I want, but it would be nice to have it supported by Sprint. I'd save a considerable amount of money if I could drop the Mobile Broadband, contract has been up for like 6 months.
    Sprint twittered this:

Sprint | News Release
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Sh!tty press release...
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Wanna bet that this their "big" announcement:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-gurantee.html
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    Sprint twittered this:

Sprint | News Release
    10 to 1 this is the announcement. I don't know how this turned into an iPhone on Sprint thread considering YOU WOULD HEAR FROM APPLE FIRST!
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    Mainly because there are millions of sheep out there that just know that they are supposed to have one because somebody told them its good. If we had one, I'd get a fat commission check for selling them Although if they are priced like any other sprint phone, they'll be $100 cheaper at Best Buy or Radio Shack than in the corp. Sprint Stores like where I work
    so was there ever a "big announcement" cause i haven't heard a single thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    so was there ever a "big announcement" cause i haven't heard a single thing?
    It appears it was their new Sprint Free Gurantee:

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...-gurantee.html
    [QUOTE=gabbott;2347687]It appears it was their new Sprint Free Gurantee:

[url]

That's it? The news of that program is nice, but I was hoping for more WiMax markets & devices, a new TV service or something along those lines.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

How about Skiff eReader?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    It appears it was their new Sprint Free Gurantee:

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...-gurantee.html
    that's not even little news let alone big news. yawn.
    It may not be the big news that people were expecting, but that's what hype does.

It is exactly what it was described to be, a marketing change announcement. It changes how every rep has to sell new lines of service. The fact you have nothing to lose at all to try Sprint will help many people decide to give it a try.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I think the "Sprint Free Guarantee" will be big with the release of the EVO 4G, people will think, what the heck, I have nothing to lose.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123