Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    iPhone exclusivity with ATT ending, perhaps this summer?
    Who cares...that phone stinks as phones go...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

My guess... something official about Sprint TV lineup changes, including ESPN Mobile TV. Plus the change from NFL Mobile Live to Sprint Football Live, and what is being removed, changed and being added.

I don't think anything else, but because these are fairly ingrained in rep's heads about the plans they are included with and what channels is included (roughly), with all of the changes it is essentially a retraining for the changes taking place.

I don't think it's going to be anything major like some of the guesses. I don't know much more than what is already posted in this thread, just read about the NFL Mobile Live changes on the Sprint Community, and all of the fairly recent Sprint TV channel changes.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    The announcement will be that Sprint will be branding some of their phones as "Verizon". The "counterfeit Verizon phones" strategy is part of an effort to increase the ARPU (average revenue per user) by the end of Q2 2010. All employees also get a years supply of "Big Red" chewing gum!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I'm thinking it has something to do with pricing or Evo 4g.
    Unless the head of marketing dep. is big Palm fan and wants to tell everyone about a new Palm device, lol.
    My daughter is friends with the staff at the Sprint store where she does business (she's gone through so many phones, she's on a first name basis with them). She called me tonight and told to me that they told her that Sprint would be getting the iPhone in November , along with Verizon . Now, I realize that this if hardly an official statement, more along the line of " a friend of a friend who's cousin works in the mailroom" type rumor. But if those are the kind of rumors floating around inside the company the week before the big announcement, it only adds to the mystery of what they will announce.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I doubt an iphone announcement...here's why...There is also no way the iphone 3gs is coming to either sprint or verizon. If the Iphone comes, it's going to be the next gen version, likely a 4g version! There is NO WAY that apple will allow the carrier to know about a NEW product before they have made some announcement themselves!
    Maybe they're going to be told that Apple is buying Sprint. Then Steve Jobs could have his own phone company. Aun until 4G becomes a mainstream technology, they would have to have a phone that supports 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by kkumar99 View Post
    I doubt an iphone announcement...here's why...There is also no way the iphone 3gs is coming to either sprint or verizon. If the Iphone comes, it's going to be the next gen version, likely a 4g version! There is NO WAY that apple will allow the carrier to know about a NEW product before they have made some announcement themselves!
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I'm guessing it might be something about the Nexus One, as the CDMA models for Verizon and Sprint just left the factory in route to the states.
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    wal-mart + wimax = 78% US coverage by june 2011.

just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    My guess... something official about Sprint TV lineup changes, including ESPN Mobile TV. Plus the change from NFL Mobile Live to Sprint Football Live, and what is being removed, changed and being added.

I don't think anything else, but because these are fairly ingrained in rep's heads about the plans they are included with and what channels is included (roughly), with all of the changes it is essentially a retraining for the changes taking place.

I don't think it's going to be anything major like some of the guesses. I don't know much more than what is already posted in this thread, just read about the NFL Mobile Live changes on the Sprint Community, and all of the fairly recent Sprint TV channel changes.
    This is the most likely guess. The timing just makes sense. NFL mobile live ends on the first, so naturally it makes sense to have a meeting to clear things up and prepare the staff if people come in with questions about it.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post

A likely guess. You may be correct. Although they've already announced the change from NFL Mobile to Sprint Football Live in the last company playbook we went over on Friday. I don't think loosing NFL Mobile is that big of a deal to warrant a special announcement.

iPhone? Highly unlikely. If that were the case then Apple would likely announce it in their huge summer iPhone G4 unveiling. I just don't see it happening. Even if they do announce it, I'm holding out for either the Evo or the next gen Palm device if it's announced before the Evo becomes available.
    Sprint Technical Consultant
    BSE Electrical Engineering
    --
    Palm Pre - WebOS 1.4.5 - UberKernal 500/1000 Screenstate
    RIM Blackberry Bold 9650 - OS 5.0.0.975/6.0.0.280
    change to the pricing plans is what i was told by a phone rep last month when i was going to make changes.........she told me to wait till 1 Apr 10 for the new plans thats all folks
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Tethering included with all unlimited data plans for free and officially blessed??? Sprint is already cheaper than Verizon and AT&T on unlimited calling plans, and I don't think that they can go any lower and still remain in business. What else can they do? Buy Virgin Mobile?

The iPhone thing would seem like a good way to bump their stock price on the last day of a quarter, but so would a good 4G phone announcement.....
    tmobile takes over?
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Tethering included with all unlimited data plans for free and officially blessed???
    I kind of wondered this (as a "brainstorming possibility"), but I doubt they'd need to hold a special meeting to explain something so simple (so I ruled it out).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Sprint is already cheaper than Verizon and AT&T on unlimited calling plans, and I don't think that they can go any lower and still remain in business. What else can they do? Buy Virgin Mobile?
    Sprint already bought the Virgin Mobile brand here in the U.S.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    to me is that they will be talking about adding adult prohraming to sprint t.v hahahaaha
    programing
    Saw this on CNN today:

Report: New iPhone to be on non-AT&T networks – SciTechBlog - CNN.com Blogs

As usual, Apple refuses to comment on it, which means there must be something to it. After all, how long did they deny iPad rumors? Still not holding my breath, but it's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast