Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, just to throw this out. I was curious what was Sprint's coverage map as of now and when I went to check it out, it seems like it has been downsized, coverage has gotten less! When I first signed up with Sprint in 2008, I remember clearly they had more coverage! But mostly they only cover major cities or cities with most Sprint subs there... Oh well, I can't blame Sprint for selling off their towers or pulling the plug on them. But where I live, the San Francisco Bay Area, it shows 3 new towers to be place here. I'm guessing thats the 4G towers, that will be coming soon! xD Oh well, what do you guys think? Should it matter or not?
  2. #2  
    I think you're clearly confused, no network "downsizes", especially when the market is as competitive as it is today. Which map were you looking at specifically; were you looking at the 3G map, 4G map, voice map? Sprint provides several different maps that will give different coverage areas.
  3.    #3  
    Voice and data, I'm not confused, but I'm not sure it just seems like it has been. I remember reading a newletter from Sprint about them selling off towers. Oh well.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    Voice and data, I'm not confused, but I'm not sure it just seems like it has been. I remember reading a newletter from Sprint about them selling off towers. Oh well.
    Sprint sold some towers, but then leased them back. I think it was more about handling finances than changing their coverage area.
  5. #5  
    Funny I don't see any decrease in the coverage from Sprint on any of their maps. I don't doubt that you think there is a decrease, in fact you should be able to go to some internet archive somewhere to see the old map and compare.

    That would be a death spiral for Sprint, you do NOT decrease coverage, increasing coverage is the only way to grow.
  6. #6  
    Nothing decreased, give me a break.
  7. #7  
    Don't go by what the map says.
    Go by what your call quality is when you're physically there. That's the only true way to know.
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    DBD----You are a POS----The hardware is great!!!! Your opinion is f**king annoying...what do you do to your phone that you think its a piece of ****!!! Its people like you I cant stand
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18
    DBD why dont you go get laid!!!!
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18
    Sorry DBD report me but at least I am positive and trying to help PALMS cause!!!!
  8.    #8  
    Yeah thats true.. Call quality is most important...
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sel1965 View Post
    Nothing decreased, give me a break.
    Nice.
    You must be in customer service for VZW. Why don't you give him a break. He had a valid question yet you chose to look down your nose at him.


    I have one theory regarding the supposed reduction. Alltel, being gobbled up by VZW had a preferred agreement with Sprint and thats obviously going away. Maybe the footprint of Sprint based coverage has reduced due to that as well as what bevcraw stated. Since Ericsson manages their network now they might have made some strategic moves to reduce network costs.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    Nice.
    You must be in customer service for VZW. Why don't you give him a break. He had a valid question yet you chose to look down your nose at him.


    I have one theory regarding the supposed reduction. Alltel, being gobbled up by VZW had a preferred agreement with Sprint and thats obviously going away. Maybe the footprint of Sprint based coverage has reduced due to that as well as what bevcraw stated. Since Ericsson manages their network now they might have made some strategic moves to reduce network costs.
    Yeah cuz I remember when I signed up for Sprint back in 2008, they had more coverage but now I see more "Roaming coverage" rather than Sprint's own coverage. I am sure that they have decreased their coverage and added more roaming instead. I'm fine for where Im at. Im just worrying about if Sprint can even keep up with VZW n ATT. I know for fact Sprint's 3G coverage is 3X bigger than ATT, thats a good thing. Maybe since Sprint lost a lot of customers. From 2008 they had about 55 million. As of 2010,0 now they have 48 million, maybe that is why they had decreased coverage. Idk just my theory.
  11. #11  
    Nah, coverage hasn't been reduced. No one else is talking about that except for two or three people on this thread

    (And I guess my main questions would be: where is the proof? Where are the old maps versus the new maps? Where are the customers who used to have coverage but lost it? I don't hear anyone complaining anywhere about having lost coverage at their home [And surely we would!], etc.)
  12. #12  
    I've had Sprint for at least 10 yrs and it never "diminished".
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    Yeah cuz I remember when I signed up for Sprint back in 2008, they had more coverage but now I see more "Roaming coverage" rather than Sprint's own coverage. I am sure that they have decreased their coverage and added more roaming instead. I'm fine for where Im at. Im just worrying about if Sprint can even keep up with VZW n ATT. I know for fact Sprint's 3G coverage is 3X bigger than ATT, thats a good thing. Maybe since Sprint lost a lot of customers. From 2008 they had about 55 million. As of 2010,0 now they have 48 million, maybe that is why they had decreased coverage. Idk just my theory.
    In the phone app prefs, you have to set it to 'Sprint Only'. Do not leave it on the default "automatic" setting.
  14. #14  
    No loss of coverage in New England that I can see. If anything, my coverage has improved over the last four years or so. Used to have dead spots in a few town around me, notorious on every carrier. Now I get two bars, nobody else gets anything.
  15. #15  
    Coverage has not reduced any. Sprint sold a set of towers to pay down debt, but leased them all back cheap in the agreement. Sprint has become more realistic with the coverage and quit over stating for the looks as part of the new management cleaning up all the issues. So nothing was physically reduced, just maps was adjusted to reflect a more realistic coverage. IF your phone works well though, it really is not to important.
  16. #16  
    I think what the OP is talking about - was back in 2008 or right when Forsee was going out and Hesse was coming in there was a point where Sprint tried to color its entire coverage map one color of Green (roaming was included) to be more like Verzion (blowing smoke up people a$$es about complete coverage)....It was when Sprint brought in the Street View Coverage maps they had to abandon the Verizon like one color coverage maps..because it was confusing the hell out of prospective customers and they had to go back to using 1 color "green" for native and 1 color grey for "Roaming"..and its been this way ever since...

    Hope this clears things up a bit...and No Sprint's coverage never decreased, it just more understandble now.

Posting Permissions