1.    #1  
    Right now when I open my launcher. There is only a page full of apps to choose from. I cannot go to update, sprint tv, navagation, regional settings, etc.
    (yes, i can bypass that by just typing what i want and selecting it...)

They supposedly put the port ticket in. It was DUE today. But they said could be tomorrow morning i hear from them also...

Is my device in limp mode because of that? once they port my number and they have me change my device info will it all show up? i cant even adjust screen settings...
  2.    #2  
    DEAR ADMIN > Why is this forum timing out? Thanks for the double thread <--- thats cool
    I just have to ask. Have you tried swiping left or right while the launcher is open? That should change the pages. And no, porting definitely would not cause this issue.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I am that stupid +1 thanks for you

I am not going to edit my posts (notice how i have 2 threads!)
    for shear amusement of everyone else.

they seem like they need to be long drags though... (NOTE: I have not used any other touchscreen phones? maybe others do that? i should've guessed though)

As for the porting
    Ported a number from Boost (prepay) to Sprint
    I guess it can take around 5 days, not really going crazy yet or anything, just waiting.
    Last edited by kozanatos; 03/23/2010 at 04:26 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Well sprint said they were unable to port the number.
    They said, "Going from Boost mobile Prepaid to Sprint CDMA was currently not possible at this time."
    And waved my activation fee, and offered to change my number.
    But i would rather have my number.
    Anyone know if i have any more options?
    Last edited by kozanatos; 03/23/2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Well, about the only way to keep that number and end up with it on a post-paid Sprint line would be to port it out to another carrier (pre-paid so you don't have to deal with contracts, returns, etc.). Then you would have to port it back into Sprint. However number ports aren't meant to be done that often so it can take a couple of days for the number to be fully removed from the Boost system and allow it to be ported back into the Sprint billing platform.

Not ideal, but possible.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  7.    #7  
    yeah but that is the problem. They are saying they cannot port the pre paid number. Your saying if I went to virgin mobile or something? I don't see how that is different. You know more than me though, thanks for the idea

//edit
    okay new idea off yours. I left tmobile less than 2 weeks ago. Might be able to port it to them so I can port it from tmo to sprint? Looking into it.
    //scratch the tmobile idea...
    what about when the boost account closes? Is it possible to get the number or does the number belong to boost?
    can I try to get the number after they release it? I don't know what I'm talking about though so help
    Last edited by kozanatos; 03/23/2010 at 07:03 PM.
    You can try to go to a T-Mobile store and ask them if they can port a prepaid boost mobile # to a prepaid T-Mobile line and when they do that, just port it to Sprint. The porting from T-Mo to Sprint (from a post-contract to new account) takes mere minutes, possibly up to hours depending on where you are.

You can hope. You would think Sprint would be more than willing to port the number from Boost (a SPRINT subsidiary) to Sprint (since it would be a contract!), but you never can tell what goes through the minds of these people.

Maybe try contacting Retentions and see if they can do it.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    You can hope. You would think Sprint would be more than willing to port the number from Boost (a SPRINT subsidiary) to Sprint (since it would be a contract!), but you never can tell what goes through the minds of these people.

Maybe try contacting Retentions and see if they can do it.
    tmobile is out of the question now
    I just went to the sprint store and told them my situation. They tried to change my phone number and it didn't work. Not much help. My next thing is calling boost and seeing if there is anything they can do??
    The billing system doesn't allow porting from Boost to Sprint. The porting system sees the number as an account that already exists within the network, and hence cannot be ported.

Unless you are able to port the Boost number to another network outside of the Sprint system (meaning no Virgin mobile), you won't be able to keep the same number.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for making sense. If they explained it that way onthe phone I wouldn't be thinking they are lazy or something. K so maybe it's going to cost me about $30 they have prepaid phones on the cheap... I just cannot think of carriers atm. I'm hopeful now.

would i be able to buy a minutes card for one of those prepaid services, call in and say I want an account and I'll set it up on my phone later just change my number and add this card? That would save me some monies.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-U3...rizon/12534599
    $10 prepaid samsung phone from verizon... Hmm looks tempting
    Last edited by kozanatos; 03/24/2010 at 11:13 PM.
  12.    #12  
    Good idea bad idea?
    I will be near a walmart next weekend. Should be able to pick up the thing and try it.
  13.    #13  
    part 1 complete. Xfer'd to VZW now a day or two I'll try sprint. And I will be happy I can return the vzw prepaid phone too if I don't use any of the free minutes!
  14.    #14  
    part 2 complete. Vzw to sprint port complete.
    waiting for it to actually change on my side now.