Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My email to the stupid dan@sprint.com

Dan (or whoever reads the emails),

Just wanted you to know that a five year customer with three lines was leaving your company because you guys created the worst customer experience I've ever had.

I have a Palm Pre. Cool phone. I use it for work and I'm on call with the military, so it's a 24/7 device for me. It broke last week. But I have insurance, so no problem, right? Wrong. I went to the Sprint Store and they sent me to a repair center...a center that's open 10am-4pm Monday-Friday and a 45 minute drive from the office.

Thanks for making me look bad at work for missing three hours just to get my obviously broken cell phone looked at.

I dealt with it, they ordered me a replacement and telephone customer service even agreed (after 4 phone calls) to ship it directly to me so I didn't have to miss another three hours of work just to pick it up. That was nice of you....and no, I don't really mean that.

So the replacement phone arrives, I transfer my contacts and ship off the broken (but still usable) phone.

And a few hours later I realize that the microphone on the replacement phone doesn't work. I can't make or receive calls. Now this is a huge problem. As I said, I use my phone for work and for the military. Not having a phone is not an option.

So I drive to the Sprint Store and explain the situation to them. They try to direct me to the before-mentioned horrible repair center. I beg them just to swap out the phone. They direct me to the repair center (which can't do a swap either, just order another replacement which leaves me without a phone for the weekend.) I ask for the manager. He directs me to the repair center. I tell him that I can walk down the street into a Verizon store, port the number, and have a working phone in minutes. I tell him I'm on call with the military. I tell him I have three lines, I'm a loyal customer, and I just want a working phone.

He directs me to the repair center, which, by the way, won't take any new appointments until Monday.

So Sprint, I wanted to say thank you for all the help. And I'm going to enjoy fighting with you over my ETF's. And I'm going to make it my mission in life, until I get bored and then for five more minutes of spite, to tell everyone I know...maybe even strangers on the street, how Sprint doesn't give a flying heck about it's customer, and offers the worst experience imaginable....not just in the cell phone industry, but anywhere. And I'll take particular pleasure in reading every quarterly report that shows you guys bleeding customers left and right.

--
    M----- M---- - a former longtime customer
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Not that it's any excuse, but have you dealt with Verizon customer service?
    Question: Did you attempt an Advanced Exchange? You can do the whole thing over the phone.
    Yeah, this is sort of par for the course with Sprint. They have never figured out how to properly handle phone replacement issues in a way that leaves the customer satisfied. You're not crazy, OP - it's absolutely ridiculous, and when I worked for them, we had to do all kinds of semi-"off the record" stuff at my store to keep people from porting out. The S&R policies are just awful.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Used Verizon 6-7 years ago. Never had any issue except price.
    Never had this type of experience with a Sprint store. They've always handled any phone replacement issues with a hitch. Wait time, yes that happens but the actual replacement process was quick and easy. I've never been sent anywhere else (repair center). Every Sprint store I've ever visited is also a repair center.

Also, why didn't you just do this over the phone or via web chat? Good luck with Verizon CS.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Online chat said they don't handle tech support requests. I called executive services, she called the store and came back to me with..."you have to go to the repair center".
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've never been sent anywhere else (repair center). Every Sprint store I've ever visited is also a repair center.
    You're one of the lucky ones. Most of the Nextel stores that were absorbed into Sprint in the merger from hell were sales-only. Anyone living near such a store (but far from a service and repair center) usually has a helluva time getting satisfactory turnaround times on service.

Contract this with VZW, which offers S&R or at least replacement at almost all of their locations. They're not perfect (they outsource their service to a company that has heard many complaints from employees), but they're better than Sprint.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I feel your frustration and don't blame you for jumping ship but in all fairness the only bashing you should be doing is stating that people should not use your local Sprint store because of your bad experiences and Sprint as a whole is not to blame. The employees there do sound like idiots because for one, I was told that the Pre's are not even repairable and that you are granted a refurb immediately. Whether it was your fault or not and you pay the deductible or it's free there should have been a refurb in your hands in 2-3 days. (I've gone through this a few times)

You should have not had such a rough time especially when they shipped you a malfunctioning device. There are other steps I would have tried like calling Sprint directly and explain your situation and try and go above the staff's heads to get redemption. Also, contacting Palm directly would have gotten you better results as well. (they are just a little bit slower)

If Sprint is "the devil" do you really think Verizon are going to Angels? Don't count it. In general, all mobile device employees are one of two things, excellent and knowledgeable at their job and take pride in making sure there customers are completely happy, or just average schmucks that just need a paycheck and could care less about you or anyone else. You only need a GED to work for any mobile company and being "good with customers" doesn't always fit into that ideal scheme of things.

I suspect (may be) when you try to fight the ETF they are going to throw some sweet incentives at you to keep you around. You may even find yourself with a perfect Pre in your hands and a cheaper monthly bill. Remember cooler heads prevail and communicating with a professional attitude will go farther than barking at them. If you switch that's cool and all, you can at least get the Pre Plus but you will pay more monthly unfortunately.

In Sprint's defense, I have had nothing but excellent CS from my local store and they always made sure I was 100% happy with my device(s). I was never without a phone if my Pre was unusable. (I didn't get a Pre to use while I waited for a refurb but I had a phone at least for the 2 days I had to wait) I boast about my store and have referred many people there and they have the same great experience.

Sorry about your experience and good luck with whatever happens. Why not post the city and store location you had such terrible service with here in the forums so those in your area know which one to avoid. Cutting down that stores sales and commission is sweeter revenge than jumping ship IMHO.. .
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Good points. Had no luck getting any help at either the N. LaSalle store or the 1600 Milwaukee store in Chicago.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Sprint really needs to change their company that handles their insurance replacements. I have friends that have dealt with them and have received screwed up replacement phones. One of them had the Pre and after 5 phones he went to BB. This may be where the big negative for customer service at sprint originates. Wonder if the refurb entails more than just wiping it off.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rfceo View Post
    Sprint really needs to change their company that handles their insurance replacements. I have friends that have dealt with them and have received screwed up replacement phones. One of them had the Pre and after 5 phones he went to BB. This may be where the big negative for customer service at sprint originates. Wonder if the refurb entails more than just wiping it off.
    Agreed. Their Quality Control is definitely the main downside to Sprint and I dread getting refurbs. This has been an issue for many years and even before the Pre I would get refurbs showing up that didn't even work. Sprint needs to step their game up in this area for sure!
    Everybody wants some!..
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I actually had a good experience with Assurion. Drove over the phone Tuesday afternoon, finally called it in at about 4:30. Had to pay the $100 deductible, and a new phone was delivered at 2:30 the next day. It was a refurb, but is the best phone I've had (this is #4).
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Where do all you people having issues with sprint stores live? Honestly I have never once had an issues like the one describe with sprint... From corp stores to 3rd party vendors any issues I ever had were always handled quick and painless.
    you did the right thing. Let your money do the talking. Everyone here can tell you their great stories or whatever. I also had a terrible experience with Sprint/Asurion repplacement devices. I wont go in to detail because it doesnt matter. What matters is when you walk through the door, the Sprint rep need to have the ability to help you. Not just send you off to another store (when their is good reason).

I stayed because Pre was only on sprint at the time, but I commend you.

You did the right thing!
    was that repair center in Orange California? Cuz the Manager there is a total A-hole! I went in yesterday and he pretty much told me I was $hi+ out of luck because I could no replicate the problem with my phone on comand (ghost toches and half the screen freezes). Then I got on the phone with sprint while still at the store and two more cuztomers went in who he also just ****ed off.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Yea, i dunno about the fly overs but in nyc I've had no trouble with sprint stores or tech support at all. My only experience with Verizon is using Verizon business in our office and that's a god damned nightmare so if they handle cell anything close to as badly as they handle business internet, then I'd rather go back to carrier pigeons.
    You should be happy with your purchase and your CS but does this mean when you have a similar experience with VZ that you will jump ship again to AT&T or TM?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    Yea, i dunno about the fly overs but in nyc I've had no trouble with sprint stores or tech support at all. My only experience with Verizon is using Verizon business in our office and that's a god damned nightmare so if they handle cell anything close to as badly as they handle business internet, then I'd rather go back to carrier pigeons.
    HAHAHAHA...thanks for a friday laugh
    I was with Verizon for 7 years and just recently switched to sprint. Verizon's customer support was rivaled for worst I have ever dealt with behind Comcast.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast