1.    #1  

I have been with all of the major US wireless carriers. The major carriers like Sprint, Verizon and AT&T offer streaming TV content. AT&T and Verizon also offer MediaFLO. But I have not seen "The Simpsons" clips on any of the carriers that I have used. Both AT&T and Verizon offer Family Guy, The Cleveland Show and other FOX shows. Sprint used to offer those show, but I haven't seen them since I came back. Even MediaFLO will show FOX cartoons, but no Simpsons.

Are the royalty rights too costy? Are the clips part of some Premium Package? Hopefully once the WebOS Flash-Player comes out, I will be able to watch The Simpsons on Hulu, but I wanted to see why the clips are not being offered in the way other shows have been?

Just wanted to point out that Hulu will be blocked on our Pres. Hulu blocks all mobile devices.
    I see your ctrl+b keys are still stuck in the on position....

As far as the Simpsons go it's all about licensing costs, ROI and attracting/retaining subscribers. All of that needs to intersect some place acceptable for all parties involved.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    youtube that's what I do ?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just wanted to point out that Hulu will be blocked on our Pres. Hulu blocks all mobile devices.
    Which fully flash capable "mobile devices" are blocked by hulu?
    I used to watch Hulu with SkyFire on my WinMo phone. I don't think Hulu blocks mobile devices, I think the problem has been that no mobile devices ran Flash.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    I used to watch Hulu with SkyFire on my WinMo phone. I don't think Hulu blocks mobile devices, I think the problem has been that no mobile devices ran Flash.
    So you are telling me all current WinMo phones running ver 6.1 or 6.5 can run hulu if they run SkyFire?

I am interested in a Treo 800w if it can
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseGlider View Post
    So you are telling me all current WinMo phones running ver 6.1 or 6.5 can run hulu if they run SkyFire?

I am interested in a Treo 800w if it can
    My TP2 with skyfire can not go to hulu and view the content. I just go to fox.com and watch.
  9.    #9  
    Hulu makes their money on commericals; so it would be stupid to block over 5 Billion cell phones world wide from accessing their web site. That would be pointless. I think it is more of a sitation where their isn't enough phones with a Flash-Player yet. I have been using cell phones for many years and only had 1 other phone that could play Flash (Verizon LG EnV Tough). And I pretty much always try and get the most powerful devices I can get my hands on. So i'm just quessing here, but I would imagine Hulu will allow us to access their site on our phones. I really hope so.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I can't understand how anyone could watch a TV show or movie on such a small screen. To each his own I guess.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    I can't understand how anyone could watch a TV show or movie on such a small screen. To each his own I guess.
    When your sitting in a doctors waiting room with 3 year old Golf and Boating magazines; the videos come in handy.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Hulu makes their money on commericals; so it would be stupid to block over 5 Billion cell phones world wide from accessing their web site. That would be pointless. I think it is more of a sitation where their isn't enough phones with a Flash-Player yet. I have been using cell phones for many years and only had 1 other phone that could play Flash (Verizon LG EnV Tough). And I pretty much always try and get the most powerful devices I can get my hands on. So i'm just quessing here, but I would imagine Hulu will allow us to access their site on our phones. I really hope so.

then why did they block out playstation 3s from using hulu.com?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach_Alt View Post
    then why did they block out playstation 3s from using hulu.com?
    I don't know; their stupid? If Hulu wants to block their content from being viewed on a mobile phone, then they will lose money. Over time though; they will realize their mistake.

I think the issue is that content providers don't want their material available on mobile phones for free. They would rather sell episodes or clips to make money on mobile viewing.
    I think the issue is that content providers don't want their material available on mobile phones for free. They would rather sell episodes or clips to make money on mobile viewing.
    This is exactly the reason that Hulu IS blocking all mobile devices.

Watch one of the videos of the Pre being demoed with Flash (recent video, on P|C homepage) and you will see that Hulu doesn't work fully and that the employee who was demoing the Pre said Hulu doesn't work.

The reason is that content providers do not allow Hulu to provide the videos to mobile devices.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I don't know; their stupid? If Hulu wants to block their content from being viewed on a mobile phone, then they will lose money. Over time though; they will realize their mistake.

It's not that simple. Hulu doesn't have the "rights" to show on mobile devices, or even consoles (ps3)... It would be illegal for them to allow you to stream content from your cellphone, the same way it would be illegal for them to allow someone from canada(like me) to view their content...