Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wow. This will be tempting.

I look forward to seeing if Palm has updated hardware when launch day Pre owners are eligible for an upgrade. I have been thinking about the HTC Supersonic, but with the way Android updates are delayed on some carriers and phones (especially HTC Sense: e.g Hero), the Nexus One is enticing because I assume that any updates will hit that first.

I want Palm to win my repeat business (see my sig below), but so many of the exciting advances are Google specific (voice search, Goggles, Latitude, etc.) that I find my heart wandering.

I have no complaints with my Pre, but I long for a larger screen and the new, shiny things.
    Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700p, Treo 755, Palm Pre
    WebOS was my fav, but Win 7 will be my next phone
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    roger that ! Houston we have problems
    caj2008 Engadget's source is Sprint

Sprint | News Release
    Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 700p, Treo 755, Palm Pre
    Just read Sprint's news release

Though they're supposedly announcing the Supersonic next week as well at CTIA. Good news for Sprint users in any case.
    Wow, imagine that. Didn't expect to see a press release right after a rumor.
    this was last thing i was expecting today when i read that i was like what? did i read this right lmao

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post
    Wow what a credible source. I will believe anything they write......even it might be true
    I agree with you, and I am in no way touting engadget (after what happened with your and unixpsycho's work on the overclocking of the pre).

However in this case they were reporting a Sprint press release on the subject.... so I deemed it credible...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    WebOS was my fav, but Win 7 will be my next phone
    Win 7, from what I'm hearing looks to me less and less appealing. And I came from Winmo to palm's webOS. I had never had anything besides winmo before either. I love webOS, and so far haven't seen anything to sway me. Played with android, too much like winmo for me, just something about it I didn't like. iPhone, well my boss has one and I set up email and stuff for him on it. No way will I ever own one, despite how buttery smooth things are. Too disconnected between apps, moving around.... hated it.
    Nice.. Ive been waiting for this. A friend of mine has it and i love it. Great news for Sprint !

Make it four: Google's Nexus One coming to Sprint -- Engadget
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    To survive I think palm needs to come out with a full touchscreen phone
    were the hell is the c40?? Come on Ruby stop sitting on your ****..
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    I think there are a lot of people here who have a Pre more because of their love of Sprint than their love of Palm. So I can see a lot of disgruntled Pre users giving the Nexus one a spin.

Anyone know if Android has a tethering equivalent that is as easy to install and Mac friendly as mytether?
    whoops double post
    Last edited by Prelude Ron; 03/17/2010 at 04:36 PM.
    I am actually gonna wait for the HTC Supersnic

HTC Supersonic Caught On Cam | Android Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I think there are a lot of people here who have a Pre more because of their love of Sprint than their love of Palm. So I can see a lot of disgruntled Pre users giving the Nexus one a spin.

Anyone know if Android has a tethering equivalent that is as easy to install and Mac friendly as mytether?
    PDANet. If you don't mine rooting your phone there are other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prelude Ron View Post
    I am actually gonna wait for the HTC Supersnic

HTC Supersonic Caught On Cam | Android Community
    I second this motion. If your already angling for HTC droid, wait a little bit longer to get a 4g version.

Im praying for Palm to have a counter for this then too.
    I hate to say it. But life moves on. Palm either counters this with something worthwhile by september, or I'm out. That's assuming there are some decent 3D stuff for android by then......
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    yeah this doesn't bode well for Palm. I am a launch day pre owner who is already eligible for an upgrade (premier baby!) and I will seriously consider going with the nexus one for the quality of hardware alone. I am pretty tired of my headphone jack always cutting out

Does anyone know if I'll be able to get my phone upgrade discount even though it's only sold through Google stores? How exactly does that work?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast