Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Know someone that is due for a upgrade on Verizon, trying to convince her to get a Palm Pre Plus, however money is tight right now and cannot afford a data plan, so I am wondering is a data plan required or can you get the Pre on a regular family plan with data disabled and just use on wifi?

I know and have explained you miss out on features and functionality this way but from what I understand data plans are pretty much $20+ and no no cheap limited data plans are avail. Please correct me if i'm wrong on that one! I'm in Canada so I can't see the verizon info on their site.

Thanks for any input/info
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It's required, $29.99/mo.
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ouchies, i guess its not really an option then thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    No problem, might want to do Sprint if they want a smartphone but want to save $. Minimum would be $69.99 (450 landline minutes; unlimited cell phone calling, texting, gps and web).
    Go Blue!

mention free to any cellphone provider calls on sprint and yearly full upgrades instead every 2 years and tv gps web music store all included its an bargain if u wanna save money sprint it is. and yes data plan is required on verizon with the pre.
    Verizon now requires a mandatory $10 data plan on most 3G non-smartphones anyway, so a smartphone is not that much more expensive a month.