1.    #1  
    I have unlimited roaming. At work, I used to mostly roam. I have never had an issue on my 700p. Calls, txts, data, it all worked great.

As of two days ago, I can no longer place calls when roaming.

Instead of just working, I now receive "Welcome to the American Roaming Network. To place a collect call, please pres..."

What is this ARN and how do I make it go away? Is this an attempt at Sprint to thwart the roaming fees they must pay when a customer has unlimited roaming?

Is this a new issue? Am I the only one? This is happening to me in the NE Ohio area.

Thanks.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    its a prl problem contact sprint
  3.    #3  
    Okay. I tried forcing a PRL update last night and it didn't work.

I called *2 this morning and spoke with a lady whose immediate response was that Sprint took away their ability to send PRL updates to customers' phones and that they now have to go to the store to have one done.

I hung up and immediately called back. I then spoke with a man who basically said the same thing. I asked if Tier-2 could help and he said he'd call them and ask. A few minutes later he came back and said that they were in the same bind as they were.

He then said to attempt dialing "1" before the 10-digit number when roaming. Failing that, call the store and see if the store can do it OTA.

I hung up and went into Dial Settings and forced "1" to be dialed for all North America calls.

It works perfectly now, in roaming and on Sprint towers...he explained that dialing "1" when on Home Network will not have any effect.

In summary, dial "1" when roaming and your problem should be fixed.

N
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    None of these are addressing the underlying problem. It could be a PRL problem, but probably not usually the ARN notification shows up when the device isn't provisioned correctly. The easiest way to tell is to see what PRL you have. The current version is going to be 60662. Some of the devices have been updating to a corrupted PRL lately that looks like 27xxx or 23xxx. These aren't valid PRLs for any carrier, they are the default PRLs from Qualcomm that don't work on the network. While the device is roaming, performing a PRL update will redownload the correct version, or taking it into a repair location to have it loaded on manually.

It also could be that your phone is programmed incorrectly, or that another device is currently active on your line so the phone is not authenticating on the network for calls. You can check whether the right phone is active by logging onto Sprint.com. Your phone image will change according to whatever he current device is. As for programming, usually it doesn't change on its own, but I have seen it happen a couple of times. Simply chatting in or calling in and asking to reprogram your phone would get that resolved.

Barring any of those helping then it could be a device issue, and taking it into a Service and Repair location to have a tech take a look at it would be my recommendation.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
  5.    #5  
    My PRL Rev is currently 20233...found by Menu+I from the Phone screen on the Treo 700p.

I tried the Update Vision Profile by doing: ##DATA# and selecting that option, but didn't change anything. Is there another way I can attempt to update it?
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The data profile is not the same as the PRL. It's been a while since I fooled with a Palm OS phone so I don't recall if they can do PRL over the air. If so it would be under the phone options menu.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    AS I recall, the older Palm and Windows based Treos could not be done remotely. I always had to call *2 and ask for them to do PRL push to my phone. Sometimes it would take 2, 3, or 4 calls before it would actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    The data profile is not the same as the PRL. It's been a while since I fooled with a Palm OS phone so I don't recall if they can do PRL over the air. If so it would be under the phone options menu.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."