Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Don't know what this means for out NFL app.

NFL and Sprint parting ways on April 1

By Dave Mellin

03/08/2010

Sprint and the National Football League (NFL), partners for the past five years, will part ways on April 1.

“After a thorough review of terms and costs involved in renewing this sponsorship agreement, we determined it was in Sprint's best interest to part ways with the NFL.” said Steve Gaffney, vice president-Corporate Marketing. “Employees and customers should know that we are thrilled with the popularity of NFL Mobile Live and the exclusive content Sprint brought to the NFL fan base. To that end, we are developing a new football application that will include both professional and college football coverage, and we will continue to provide a fan-friendly experience and other sports-related apps and content.”

This decision does not impact our affiliation with individual NFL teams like the Kansas City Chiefs, Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts and several others. We will continue to sponsor the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association – both continue to be valuable pieces of our overall marketing strategy.
    To bad...I liked the NFL app.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Sprint being very cash-strapped, this comes to no surprise.
    never used that app much.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Damn, I used to listen to games on it frequently.
    what say it aint so?! hopefuly it still works when the draft comes so i can watch the Tampa Bay Buccaneers draft Ndamukong Suh!!!!

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I Loved this app (being a sports/football fan). I am a little bit upset, I hope they go with an ESPN application that they attempted when they had the ESPN network. I would really like to see an ESPN with rich content similar to the NFL Application. Nothing like branding the ESPN logo along with NASCAR.

At this point I am tired of Sprint Missing the boat. Could you imagine what would have been if the IPHONE was on a Sprint Digital Network and with 4G being released? Oliver Valente' made a BIG no HUGE mistake not signing apple shame shame shame.. please no flaming, just my opinion.
    nooooooo!!!!!
    Just saw it on the news. Verizon will be stepping in to replace sprint. And they said Verizon will fully stream the draft so it might not be available on Sprint.
    damn you verizon lol jk. There are other ways to keep up on the scores and listen to games on the pre so ya it sucks but isn't the biggest issue and it says it will come out with an new app so all cool. Verizon you won't get my money. Buwhahahahahahaha. You need to do better then that.
    Will we be able to removes the app from the phone, or maybe it'll be removed with an update. While youre at it remove the NASCAR app too please. Thx!
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    Will we be able to removes the app from the phone, or maybe it'll be removed with an update. While youre at it remove the NASCAR app too please. Thx!

You could just hide the apps. with a patch.
    what webos is needs is the espn app that the iphone has... All sports on one app would be great.now that I think about it sprint should have deaded nascar but hey I hope they know what they are doing..
    This is sad. NFL content was one of the reasons why I like sprint. Now that Verizon is getting them, along with NFL Redzone, and the Pre gettin cut down in price (online), the idea of jumping ship is tempting. Too bad verizon's plans rape you in the end. I guess you can't have everything right?
    they should team up with the NHL, or at the least offer a similar app.
    this sucks,i use this everyweek to listen to games,keep track of fantasy players and sometimes,when I could not be home,watch thursday night football live. Thanks alot sprint,u cheap s o b's
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Thanks alot sprint,u cheap s o b's
    hey, atleast they got cheaper plans than the competition lmao

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Never really used the app and the broadcast wasn't there when I wanted it on an airplane
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkoont View Post
    Just saw it on the news. Verizon will be stepping in to replace sprint. And they said Verizon will fully stream the draft so it might not be available on Sprint.
    NFL Mobile Kicks Off With Verizon Wireless In April
    I actually enjoy the espn site more than nfl because it was faster. I will miss seeing thursday night nfl network games though.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast